Ray Trews Interview On BBC Radio (Just Aired)

Chris

Interesting interview, it covered all the things fans would like to know.

Bart was released for free (released from his contract).
Gary Liddle left on good terms (his Wife didn't want to move and they were about to become parents).
He mentioned rogue players.
How he thinks this season will be better than the last.
Alan Sheehan wanted 1k more and was offered it, however he left (as we know).
He mentioned how he was disappointed with CK.

What did you guys make of it?

good interview, it was good to hear him discussing his views openly.

i dont think derry will be like ck, he wont allow players to be like that. did he mention something about danny haynes and not doing a background check or was that labadie?

good interview, it was good to hear him discussing his views openly.

i dont think derry will be like ck, he wont allow players to be like that. did he mention something about danny haynes and not doing a background check or was that labadie?

Joss Labadie I believe, I didn't quite capture it but he said he had signed without looking into what type of person he is (like he's not around now).

He did say Ben Burgess should not have been signed on the deal he was in hindsight given his horrible injury record.

Didn't see anything wrong with what he said really. I wasen't too sure what to think when Ray mentioned the play-offs as a target. I admire his optomism but Derry has said countless times that the target quite simply is progress. And I think any sane fan would take midtable and maybe a cup run after last season. I just hope this dosen't mean Ray pulls the trigger if we're not around the play-offs.

We have a whole new squad. Literally one player who played at Oldham will probably play tommorow, and I think it could be a slow start while the side gells. But I'm confident we'll be fine come the end of the season. One thing is for sure, we won't be anywhere near the pushovers we were last season

Supporter+

Yes I'd like to listen to it when I get back from holiday perhaps it will be on catch up or magpie player.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived