Notts v Stags JPT

weymouthPIE

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Sounded like a very comfortable 2-0 win over a pretty ordinary Stags side tonight. Stags started well but as we got into our stride we bagn to dominate, and but for a couple of good saves from their keeper could have been more than 1-0 up at the break. Got the second goal at the exact right time just when they were having one of their better spells, and from there it seemed to just peter out.

I know a lot of folks wouldnt have minded had we gone out tonight but I think it was important we went into this international break on the back of a win, especially after the dissapointment of Sunday. Plus it's always nice to put one over on your local rivals.

Draw for round 2 will take place on Soccer AM on Saturday morning, and our pottential opponents are:
Rochdale, Oldham Athletic, Carlisle United, Barnsley, Morecambe, Preston North End, or Scunthorpe United. Plus Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield United, Port Vale, Bury, Tranmere Rovers and Hartlepool United will all enter in this stage having had byes in round 1

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

It was a comfortable game for us last night. They came out of the blocks quickly, but we soon had them under the cosh. To be fair, this was the best we've played all season. Lets hope this style of passing (which was alot more on the ground rather than the hoof and hope style) goes through to the next match in the league. At the end of the day we were only playing Mansfailed.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

It was a comfortable game for us last night. They came out of the blocks quickly, but we soon had them under the cosh. To be fair, this was the best we've played all season. Lets hope this style of passing (which was alot more on the ground rather than the hoof and hope style) goes through to the next match in the league. At the end of the day we were only playing Mansfailed.

Do you think a lot of this was down to the formation played?

Do you think a lot of this was down to the formation played?

Quite possibly. Seemed to flow easier last night. 3 at the back seemed solid and players like Thompson enjoyed the chance to get forward.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I didn't get to this match but I hear Reece Brown was outstanding and Ronan Murray "on fire" .

I didn't get to this match but I hear Reece Brown was outstanding and Ronan Murray "on fire" .

Both Brown and Murray were superb, albeit against poor opposition.

The old saying goes you can only beat the team in front of you. We did that.

If you dinna score you canna win. Did that too!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It sounds very positive by all accounts I have heard about, not a single person said anything remotely concerning which is good. Just goes to show what happens when it's more than a friendly.

Great score! I bet @Dan was a bit disappointed mind. ;)

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  648
  • Days Won:  4

I knew Notts would win, that was a given with all our injury problems. The main thing I was disappointed at was that most of our team just didn't turn up. It was a local derby ffs. We had 1300+ there and most of them weren't up for it like the fans were. You could've taken 11 people from the JS Stand and they'd have shown more passion and commitment for the cause.

Saying that, the passing for Notts first goal was sublime and really good. Murray and Cassidy took their goals really well. Brown had our back four inside out as well. There's one picture I got where all of our back four are surrounding Brown and he's still got the ball! That summed up both teams night in one photo.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

just pleased we beat them.

i loved this picture lol

10620524_10153429855005961_7893567559599

Archived