Non Football Weekend

Chris

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

A dogs a nice idea, it won't remind your daughter so much.

I like those breeds - friendly dogs and I can see a little one loving it also. I bet @super_pie would also, though Cheeky won't let us go for one.

Super_pie was bending my ear a few weeks ago trying to get me to persuade Cheeky to let him have a dog or a cat.Then Ellie and Ava joined in.I had a hell of a job changing the subject.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

A dogs a nice idea, it won't remind your daughter so much.

I like those breeds - friendly dogs and I can see a little one loving it also. I bet @super_pie would also, though Cheeky won't let us go for one.

Mrs Northants didn't want a big dog but after showing her the opinions of people far more qualified then either of us on the benefits of those two particular breeds she now won't have any other dog, she loves Labradors but she is now set on getting either of these (hopefully we'll get the big bear Newfie).

I've included a couple of videos for @cheeky~k8 so she can see the benefits to your family, slobber aside that is... ha ha

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKJFPkZTk2o

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSP8we71DSY

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

That video makes me cringe, the dog's licking the babies hands urrrggghhh! Not very hygenic to say the least.

I also worry about dogs with very young chldren any animal is unpredictable and that dog is very big.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I also worry about dogs with very young chldren any animal is unpredictable and that dog is very big.

Yeah me too, though a lot can be said about the owner(s) and some dogs are naturally just very protective. I'm not sure we ever will own one but it's a nice idea, if we had a dog the size of this I see Ava trying to get a lift when going places (not that we would let her). LOL

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Having a dog with children is always a risk, but is also very rewarding for them. Being childminders we both hesitated in putting our our website that we had a dog, but we've had her from puppy age and she is 13 now so the only thing that bothers her is waking up in time to be fed. The owner is the one that should be looked at, bot the dog. As in one of those videos, over the years children have crawled over her, moved her around, pulled her tail and she hasn't battered an eyelid. In saying that though, she is never left unattended in a room with minded children. Again, it comes down to the adult in charge, not the dog.

Supporter+

Having a dog with children is always a risk, but is also very rewarding for them. Being childminders we both hesitated in putting our our website that we had a dog, but we've had her from puppy age and she is 13 now so the only thing that bothers her is waking up in time to be fed. The owner is the one that should be looked at, bot the dog. As in one of those videos, over the years children have crawled over her, moved her around, pulled her tail and she hasn't battered an eyelid. In saying that though, she is never left unattended in a room with minded children. Again, it comes down to the adult in charge, not the dog.

Have you written a risk assessment for when Ofsted turn up @hissingdwarf? When my wife and I were childminders we were swamped in paper work.

We used to hate Ofsted visits but we did achieve "outstanding" on two occasions just before we gave it up.

Have you written a risk assessment for when Ofsted turn up @hissingdwarf? When my wife and I were childminders we were swamped in paper work.

We used to hate Ofsted visits but we did achieve "outstanding" on two occasions just before we gave it up.

Yep.@tonyhateley

I wrote bucket loads of policies and risk assessments when she started a few years back. Paperwork amount is silly, but that is one advantage for us now because I can spend the time keeping everything up to date when not needed. Ofsted are due at Xmas for their 3 yr visit, but seeming as most minders in the areas have gone 6 or more years without the visit I don't expect them just yet. If they do turn up we should be ready though. Last time she got good with outstanding features and hopefully we can build on that with my own experience in teaching. Although getting outstanding now is the holy grail from them apparently under the new framework.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

I spent the weekend watching plenty of football, yet little else.

Some good games on Sky over the weekend, also managed to MOTD for once.

Supporter+

I guess your teaching experience does come in handy @hissingdwarf, my wife used to write all our policies, procedures and risk assessments and I just played with the kids. I think they thought I was just another one of them, in fact one little lad once asked me when my mum was coming to fetch me. :rollonfloorlaughing:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I guess your teaching experience does come in handy @hissingdwarf, my wife used to write all our policies, procedures and risk assessments and I just played with the kids. I think they thought I was just another one of them, in fact one little lad once asked me when my mum was coming to fetch me. :rollonfloorlaughing:

Over the past 22 years teaching I've written more policies than I can count. I've also spent endless hours batting back Ofsted inspectors so that combined with the fact the wife is a good childminder, hopefully when they do turn up we're ready for 'em.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Over the past 22 years teaching I've written more policies than I can count. I've also spent endless hours batting back Ofsted inspectors so that combined with the fact the wife is a good childminder, hopefully when they do turn up we're ready for 'em.

Be careful, I see "written" and I think... "Contributor" ;) haha

Ofsted are a waste of time, they don't care about what goes off. When they inspected my school, they tended to have the report pre-written and I kid you not.

Be careful, I see "written" and I think... "Contributor" ;) haha

Ofsted are a waste of time, they don't care about what goes off. When they inspected my school, they tended to have the report pre-written and I kid you not.

Trust me, as deputy and acting head at my school before last, I wrote a lot of policies!!! We also had an Ofsted while I was acting head so dealing with the inspectors isn't an issue.

I tend to agree though @notts-joe that they have a script already planned. In fact that is now an acknowledged way of inspecting. They make a judgement based on exam levels, attendance and progress of exam scores. They then come in and try to prove or disprove their theory, good or bad.

Such a shame a school is reduced to relying on children to do nothing but pass tests to judge if they are good or not. The days of children developing as a person is long gone. SATS and GCSEs are everything.

I tried to the garden, or i should tidy it.

I am afraid its became rather over grown, i should get one of my lads down to do it with me. My wife keeps telling, I keep telling her that i have run our of space on my list of jobs to do. its never ending! I bet its the same for @super_ram

I don't mind gardening when the conditions are right.My problem is it's either to hot,too cold,too windy,too wet or raining.When the weather is perfect  I usually have something else to occupy my time.That's my excuse anyway.

I don't mind gardening when the conditions are right.My problem is it's either to hot,too cold,too windy,too wet or raining.When the weather is perfect  I usually have something else to occupy my time.That's my excuse anyway.

Sounds like me that does. I'm sure there must be a bit of Spanish in me somewhere because whenever the wife mentions gardening I always say maybe tomorrow?

I lopped off some more branches today.Plenty of logs for bonfire night(and beyond) Plenty more to do.Manyana!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Thankfully the discharge info from the gob doc says take it easy for 48 hours...... and as I keep telling er indoors... all good things come to those who wait

Archived