Notts County vs Sheffield United

Chris

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Bajner is not the answer to our goalscoring problems. He has his uses, but goal scoring isn't one of them. I think he'd do well with a smaller lad to play off of him. Still if we have 40+ points by March 1st, then I'd be very happy indeed.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I followed the game with Uncle Colin. It sounded like we were on top when they scored the winner, but after that nothing seemed to happen - is that how it was or have I gained a false impression from the radio? It's a stark contrast to when we're in front and other teams seem to throw the kitchen sink at us. Our dreadful home form and the fact that we have displayed relegation form for half a season now are reasons for concern. On the bright side it sounded like a better performance and that must give us hope.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I definitely think we had the better of the second half, their winning goal was a bit of a messy scramble, towards the end we threw two up front when Woollery came on, I wish Shaun would try two up front for the whole match instead of expected to poor old Bajner to battle away on his own.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Positive signs within the first 15 minutes, they looked well going forward but very slow within their defending. I felt before they scored it looked likely we could go into the second half level, having not conceded any goals. Yet when they scored my heart sunk and although it was a cracking goal for them, really brilliantly taken. I felt they should have been closed down and it summed up the defence for me.

I didn't see us scoring, despite working hard - Bajner and Noble worked very hard to try but it just seemed like it wasn't going to happen.

Then Noble confidently back heeled the ball into the net! What happened? We gained some confidence and we actually looked very good going forward. I feel we ended the 1st half how we should started the whole game.

2nd half the defence had me concerned because they just came running at us, I feel it was so they could draw a foul and it made things very nervous to watch. They had a couple of chances where if we didn't intercept the ball, they would have scored! Dumbuya's sliding challenge for example would have put them well in with a great chance.

Their goal to seal the game was a fluke, I think they edge it. I don't think we really did enough to draw the game, though I do feel to some degree that Sheffield United was lucky.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

For the first time in my eyes, Adams played well for me. Looked more assured tonight. Maybe the Mick up the arse having Newton around has focused him a little more?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

We offered nothing after they scored the second. We were bright early on and then had a good spell in the second half, following Thommo's miss!

Other than thst, it simply wasn't good enough. A lot of effort and spirit, very little quality. Hayhurst was woeful and Dumbuya played the furst 75 minutes as if he was in a coma!

We are sloppy & clumsy in possession far too often. Bajner has a good touch and he's mobile but he is no goal threat whatsoever &, quite frankly, spends too much time falling over or playing on the wing,

It was disappointing & frustrating. Take away Curtis T & Adams and we had little else tbh.

Archived