Kiwomya Was Hoping For A Win

cheeky~k8

Kiwomya was hoping for a win

<!--url{0}-->Chris Kiwomya admitted Notts County's 1-1 draw with Leyton Orient on Wednesday had dented their chances of reaching the League One play-offs.

County led at half-time at Meadow Lane following a terrific goal by skipper Neal Bishop after Orient had seen the better of the chances.

However, the visitors levelled midway through the second period when County defender Dean Leacock gave away a penalty with a rash challenge on Charlie MacDonald and substitute Kevin Lisbie converted the spot-kick with confidence to seal a point.

Kiwomya said the point was not enough at this stage of the season if the Magpies are going to push for a top-six place.

He said: "If we want to get to the play-offs these are the kind of games we need to win.

"We were disappointing first half. We defended too deep and let them have the ball and they began to dictate play. Neal's goal was the first time we had got into their final third and played a forward pass.

"We pressed them a bit higher in the second half and I think we had the better chances.

"I haven't seen it back but I've no complaints about the penalty. It gave them a foothold in the game.

"I know what we are lacking and I know what we need and I need to find that right player to get us some goals."

I've been impressed by CK's after match interviews.He gives the impression that he knows exactly what is needed and although performances may not be up to the standards supporters expect,at least he has 'steadied the ship'

I've been impressed by CK's after match interviews.He gives the impression that he knows exactly what is needed and although performances may not be up to the standards supporters expect,at least he has 'steadied the ship'

Yes he's done that, I can also say he's impressed me and I have nothing against him. His match interviews, comments made to media are smart, showing he has a footballing brain but knowing how to change things is half the battle, he needs apply it. Now this might seem harsh, hes an 'inexperienced' manager but if (big if) he wants the job he needs to correct these performances and reunite the fans.

I don't expect him to be winning, I don't/didn't think he'd get us in the playoffs and he has done well.

The sky article title is utterly stupid, it really annoys me. (I think I'm getting grumpy in my old age) LOL

His match interviews have been better than some more experienced managers, although hes not a bad manager he just needs a little more experience which he is learning as he manages our team full time. He has been doing well with the team and changing the game around throughout the match which has helped in some games. I think we would improve more with a different manager but you never know until you get one.

Supporter+

Yes, he does a good interview and everything he says is more or less my summary of how the matches go BUT he says that draws are not good enough at this stage of the season and we want wins and yet look at the team he put out on Saturday against Crawley, if that was a team going all out for a win then I'm a F*r*st supporter. I didn't go and can only go by reports I have read and it was a good draw against Crawley but with the young striker Blyth on his own for much of the match we were never going to score surely. Someone correct me if I'm wrong because as I say I didn't go.

Archived