8 mile bike ride!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Now that may not sound like a long way to some of you young uns but I am absolutely knackered.

We are finding our folding bikes really good and set off this morning for Carsington Water to ride right round it, it's funny we have walked it round and not noticed the hilly bits but we certainly noticed them on our bikes one or two were too much for our six gears (not to mention our legs) so we had to push the bikes up them.

We stopped for lunch on a bench half way round to give us the energy to do the rest and managed to get round back to the car, quite an achievement which we are proud of.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I know my biggest downfall is my lack of fitness. I know it, but struggle to do anything about it. I have a £300 elliptical trainer/exercise bike next to the desk here in the office right now and I can't remember the last time I used it!

My old motto when I was 25ish and stopped drinking was that by the time I hit 40 the medical expertise would have excelled so much that they would have found a pill to pop and stop heart issues.

Well at 42 I'm still waiting so I wish they'd hurry up. Apart from Statins that is and nearly everyone I know who has had them has said they make them feel so achey and generally rough it's not worth taking them.

Respect to @tonyhateley for keeping fit!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I did a 10 mile bike ride as a kid, which i enjoyed. My youngest brother was one of the youngest kids riding his own bike taking part at the time. As far as i remember we stopped at a pub for a break half way through as it wasn't exactly a race of time, more a leisurely bike ride as long as we finished by the end evening.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

Cycled to Great Yarmouth, 16 hrs over 2 days 11+5. Was in my 30 s though and cycling 25 miles to work and back.

Defo would struggle to do 10 miles now though

Regards Al

You Pies!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Oh God, you have reminded me of an upcoming experience... because we both have bikes and because it is free to take them on the Carlisle - Settle Line....

Wifey and I are to travel down on a Friday and find us a nice pub to hole up in, and then the next day go cycling in the dales to an other pub etc... what a way to spend a long weekend...

It may well kill me...

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I was thinking 8 miles sounds like a fairly good distance myself, I used to really enjoy having a bike ride from my parents home all the way towards the QMC, then onwards via the river and back through town and back to @super_ram and @GrannyPie but I find my bike to be very hard to get going with.

My brothers bike is no problem, I think there's something wrong with it or it's tightened too much somewhere.

Keep going @tonyhateley, sounds good and if it keeps you fit it will benefit you.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Oh God, you have reminded me of an upcoming experience... because we both have bikes and because it is free to take them on the Carlisle - Settle Line....

Wifey and I are to travel down on a Friday and find us a nice pub to hole up in, and then the next day go cycling in the dales to an other pub etc... what a way to spend a long weekend...

It may well kill me...

That sounds really good fun @PTID1862

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Well done @tonyhateley.Does Mrs Hateley have to stop and wait for you though?

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I used to cycle to work.It took me about 5 minutes less than catching a bus and was a lot cheaper.I also cycled to a few Rams Saturday games parking my bike at the Railway Institute.

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

well done tony, you will be match fit and ready within a couple of weeks if you keep it up.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

well done tony, you will be match fit and ready within a couple of weeks if you keep it up.

That's why he's top of the prediction league,Liam. :thumbsup:

Archived