Curtis Thompson's Performances

Chris

I read a article on Curtis Thompson a moment ago, which I will link to the Nottingham Post - Here.

Shaun Derry speaks about how he's asked of certain things from Curtis Thompson and how he is pleased by the performances. He really does look a solid prospect in midfield but how long have we fans been saying? I'm not knocking Thompson, where ever he plays he gives 100% and he did have some okay games at right back but in his true position he's a joy to watch when he does run with the ball or out skills his opponents.

"We've asked Curtis to get certain things into his game because he is a player who shows plenty of endeavour," he said.

"Defensively he can cover the ground fantastically at times.

"We want him to be better on the ball going forward and stride forward when he gets that opportunity.

"He showed on two occasions when he got past the opposite side of his man and it would have been a fantastic goal.

"I'm just pleased with how he's developing.

"He's come on leaps and bounds this year."

What do you think has seen Curtis Thompson develop more over the 2014/2015 season? What do you make of his performances and how far do you think he can go if he keeps it up?

Keep it up folks...

If we don't get carried a way and he keeps his head down I don't see any reason why he won't go onto bigger and better things.

Playing at right back would have had benefits for the lad as a player, not just speaking of game time but he really seems to have come to age playing within the midfield role. I see nothing wrong with his game, he will only improve the more he plays and the level of his skill impresses me.

Supporter+

He's a good player already, in time he could be a great player and move on to a higher level.

Good lad, good player, somewhat underrated and vastly overrated.

The player in the middle can make himself known with league one football, he has the skill to go up but I am unsure he has the mind set or mental attributes needed at this stage but as I say hes a good player. Derry has not made him the player he is!

I think being played at right back will have helped tremendously. Both in terms of positional sense on the field, but also in building his character as a young lad. He isn't a right back, but playing there knowing that helps his midfield game. Dealing with the flack of playing poorly out of position will wise him up for future years in dealing with the ups and downs of the game at our level.

Looks solid now, but I'm sure he'll need a break from the pressure at some point, again, helping for the future. Might make it up a league if he continues to develop and play at the standard he has set for himself.

Archived