Notts start to the season.

ivansneck

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Well, what's going on?

@Blackville and I went to the Grimsby game - what a waste of money and effort, the less said about that performance the better.

We also went to the Mansfield game, which I really enjoyed despite the result. More entertainment than in whole months of last season. However, things seem to have gone down hill since then, and I'm beginning to wonder if renewing our season tickets was wise.

Have we made a mistake?

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

League Two has come as a massive culture shock for both the manager and most of the new recruits. The problem is, Notts are currently engineered to play fluid football, which as we saw against Villa, worked wonders. Sadly that kind of game just does not translate into the bottom tier, as teams are a lot more physical and pressing. Moniz will need to prove how apt a manager is by adapting his team to play in the league we're in. If he fails to do that come December/January and we're in relegation trouble, then clearly he's not suited to that, but I do believe he'll come good and reshape his team to play well. Sadly this is the name of the game in League Two.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Its very early days yet, I think we are finding our feet in the new division and Moniz is still tinkering with his best team and tactics, hopefully we will come good and start to climb the league, we have some good players we just need to play the right way and show some commitment like we did at Aston Villa.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think it's early to say if there will be value or not for us season ticket holders.

That said, I do think we will have a decent season once things click and I just hope it isn't too late for us to put together a run which pushes up the correct end of the table. The transition of football is expected to be slow, we have made 18/19 signings and they will take time. Good football teams play well season after season usually, it's something installed for awhile and Moniz is only really starting to stamp his mark on the playing style this season.

Once we get a few good results, I think that will make the difference.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Its still early days but we started off ok, then we've gone very down hill. I hope the team can pick it up again and get back to winning.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

it does not feel like the seasons been going that long but it is, notts have been very poor to maintain their performance levels and i really dont know why we are struggling so much.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Overall a bad start imo. The addition of McLeod has given us some bite up front, but the defence is shocking in most games. This issue does need addressing asap.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I agree with @[member="hissingdwarf"], McLeod has given us a lot up front and looks to be a great signing.

We need to sigh a CB though, either that or trial Mike Edwards to see if it improves.

Archived