Penalty taker

Modern Notts Fan 🔥

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

I wish moniz would of sorted this out as soon as soon after the villa game when McLeod got fouled in that game an wanted the penalty against Crawley arguments again over who takes an tonight argument again an he gets it an misses don't get me wrong he's a quality striker but moniz has to take charge an say right noble is penalty taker end of

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I am hearing that Sheehan & Noble scrobbled over taking free kicks, obviously I wasn't there last night but if this is true - it highlights that set pieces require one taker or at least a system to cut down this type of thing.

@[member="Joe Jones"] made a valid point in the PONcast, yet for me it needs sorting.

in my opinion if it's a left footed position free kick you let Sheehan take it cause he has quality to central or a right sided free kick taker noble but this penalty thing is stupid last night we didn't deserve to win but we could of if moniz would of said look noble is taking end of that was a get out of jail card for a crap performance and he hit that penalty like he couldn't be arsed easy to save he needs to be told he's not getting everything his own way I wouldn't drop him tho

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Agreed, Moniz need to nominate a penalty taker (whoever it is) and then there would be no arguments.

it might not be costly at the minute but sometimes you get gifted a way to win when you don't deserve we got that last night an arguing over it was what has cost us to be closer to the play offs it needs to be brought up tomrrow in training so everyone knows an if someone argues you fine them for me 99.99 noble is always going to score his pens the way izale hit it was easy the goalie read it before he hit it his run was to static just a poor kick when you see it you all will feel abit disappointed

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Arguments like that are stupid. After the first time, the manager should really have spoken to both to sort it.

moniz needs to be ruthless drag em both over n say look he's taking penalties end of because for me it shows lack of team bonding at times an it's jus poor a just think last night was a gift not accepted now away to orient an home to Plymouth who are 2nd isn't going to be easy might lose 6 points there

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I wasn't there but it seems stupid that they argue like school children, over whos taking a penalty. As others have said, the manager should have stepped in and nominated one person.. no arguments. I hope now he sorts it, so it doesn't happen again.

he'd be a fool not to sort it I'm not joking any of you the way that penalty was hit was like when I use to play football an you'd just hit it like you can't be fussed not saying it's all izales fault we didn't deserve to win but that was a gift to steal it but if he scores at orient he will be the hero again also I'm starting to question how snijders has all of a sudden just vanished out the squad

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

It is a fundamental, very basic, issue. Moniz says that Noble is the nominated penalty taker, so why has it become a matter of dispute?

It smacks of a lack of control and/or management skill. I quite like Moniz's team selection but he seems to be lacking in quite a few other areas - game management, tactical substitutions, finishing teams off & an apparent abiding loyalty in Jenner! That aside, the strategy looks ok, the balance of his teams is good and some of the more recent signings give you a bit of confidence, unlike the bizarre acquisition of tripe like Bennett, the plethora of "young/developing" talent that is nowhere near the 1st team and has beens such as Swerts, Stead & Jenner who just don't look up to it tbh. They ought to be fit & match ready by the end of Sept surely? None of them look it to me, Stead is just useless, Swerts looks like he was good once and might be again, with a bit of luck, if there's a position he can actually play in, Jenner just looks lost.

The fact that we have reverted back to Edwards, Hollis & Smith then re-signed Sheehan is indicative that Moniz does recognise that some of his signings are actually cr@p. I'll give him that too.

what amazes me is how Jenner is getting picked ahead of snidjers when I'd rather see snidjers come on with 20 mins to go someone like him has pace and trickery and can score where as Jenner no pace strolls around the pitch 2mph I just don't get it I really don't

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I don't think Ricky is the greatest communicator to be honest. If Noble is the designated penalty taker, everyone should be aware of that. His comments to the media about Nicky Wroe were unfortunate at best too. Oh well, let's just hope they've had a bit of a talk in training and that it never happens again.

hopefully they all AV had a chat an hopefully there all good pals after it because for me McLeod is to good to be dropped he scares the life out of defences when he makes his runs and is direct oh well let's see what Saturday brings ⚽️

Supporter+

If we had an outfield captain he could have sorted out the argument but Caroll was half a mile away on the goal line.

I notice that McLeod was subbed almost immediately after the incident that to me says Moniz wasn't best pleased.

smith should be captain takes no messing an says what he thinks and has been a rock in recent games moniz may he subbed him but I reckon come Saturday hel start he's clearly the best striker we have and has ability he offers a threat that not many in this league do I still believe we could play stead off him or even Campbell alongside him I don't agree with this one striker role always preferd two up top

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Well I don't know what made McCloud think he was going to score from the penalty spot, after all the close range shots he missed against York City, blimey we should have been 6-0 up half time, all the chances he had. He shouldn't have gone anywhere near that penalty, never mind take it. Sort it Ricardo. 

Supporter+

Moniz says on the radio this morning that he is to blame, he says that Noble is the penalty taker and he should have screamed it in the players ears!

At least next time after all the fuss I think there will be no arguments, we probably won't get one for ages now.

to be fair to McLeod not scoring against York if you listened to moniz interview after the game he clearly stated McLeod was ill and was not feeling 100% he said a fit McLeod would of taken those chances so who knows if he was playing with illness still on Tuesday he is a class striker you saw what a fit McLeod can do look at how he teared up lutons back four on his day he can strike fear into any defence

Archived