Views Of The 2012/13 Season

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

So now the curtains have been drawn on this season, what do you guys make of how Notts got on?

Who was your best player, your highlight, your lowlight, the turning points of the season, your hopes and fears for next season?

Let's hear everyone's opinions?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

As you can tell I am a Jamal Campbell-Ryce fan, however I rated 'Gary Liddle' who for the majority of the season was underrated. He deserves the credit, along with the majority of players but for me if he doesn't win player of the season I would question the decision - Simply because he's been amazing. For me the turning point was the Rotherham United Cup game at home, that's where the wheelbarrow started to show it's lose wheel again.

Keith Curle, I would have kept but Chris does show promising signs.

I can't choose my highlight in terms of 'game' or 'match', I've been to so many this season that I have fond memories of each or at least the majority.

My fears is the support, fans who aren't pleased may become to vocal and cause us issues. I'm worried if the worst was to happen and we hit a bad run early on, yet I have faith. I hope to continue meeting people, making friends and I hope 'Pride of Nottingham' takes a little more of a firm foot as I enjoy our community and I want the best for us all.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

At the beginning of the season I thought a top 10 -play of position would be a realistic  target for both Notts and Derby. There are a lot of fans of both sides who are a bit disappointed with the way things have turned out.

If Notts had turned draws into wins it would have meant a very exciting last month.

The next few months,with players coming and going,are vital for the progress of both our teams

I would give Notts- 7/10 and the same for the Rams

Perhaps other members could add their opinions.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I guess a mid table finish is better than fighting relegation but I had so much higher hopes for Notts. I really thought this could be our season but alas it wasn't to be.

Turning points, I think Curle's decision to take the No9 shirt off Hughes, his reluctance to use him in his line up and subsequent selling him did us no favours at all. Having said that I would have kept Curle and I think we may have done better than we eventually did had he still be manager at the end of the season. We may have even crept into the playoffs. I think when Chris was appointed the players were disillusioned for a while and we started to lose games, they have however picked up towards the end of the season but too late.

My hope is that the policy of using younger players will pay off and we will do better next season. My fear is that the policy won't pay off and the fans will become restless early on and the season will become a fight for survival.

I'll be there next season to cheer them on as I have practically every other season. Let's hope that next season will be the one we get into the Championship. COYP.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We have to build around the youngsters it's the only way forward, unless we sign others into the club and I think it's all about getting the right balance. I would hate to see us make a mistake and rely on them far to much, although this does come with added benefits because they'll be tested. I would ideally like to see us start with a good first 11 - couple of optional back ups and the rest all from our youth system.

Hollis, Spiess, Waite, Thompson, Nangle and I feel I'm missing someone have played a good role for us this season.

The desire might just be the push we need!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

to sum this season up we need to learn as a club. we need to be stable! i am happy, i just wished something could be different. next year i look forward to seeing more games

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I think we would of done better if we kept hold of Lee hughes and possibly Kieth Curle. We weren't doing too bad at the start of the season but then it started to go down hill towards the middle and i don't think the decisions and match formation really helped that situation.

We eventually started playing better but as Tony said it was too late.

I am happy with where we finished, although abit higher would of been great.

I still wish we weren't losing so many great players before next season but us as fans can't change that, we just turn up to games support the team and hope for the best outcome.

Hoping to get to a few more games myself next season.

Archived