Which players can we afford to let go?

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Okay, so let's say Moniz manages to retain his duties and in January he decides to opt towards reducing the squad (I don't expect him to do this personally).

Yet I am wondering which players we can afford to leave? How would you trim down the Notts squad?

Rather than talking about potential signings, which at this stage would be madness considering our squad size - I think before we do this, we must reduce the squad down to balance and I know we have a reserve team but even then, I would rather see some of the youth players blooded into these games.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i think it safe to say we need to cut down the squad size so that we may be able to sign another defender.

audel would be one player i would say, i do not think he is good enough at defending. jenner, he is not fit and struggles. we do not need an impact player who struggles to do that.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

This could be a long thread for most as I'm sure all of us have quite a few they would like to cull (not kill!)

I'll start with a surprising one to a few. Cull Roy Carroll. He is a good goalkeeper, but I genuinely feel he has to take some responsibility for the back 5 not working well. I realise he has had different people in front to of him every week, but he has also made some sloppy errors and never accepts responsibility. Loach is here, give him the gloves and choose a new captain.

...ducks under the table waiting for the responses...remember no swearing at me there might be children present!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Jenner for starters!

Sharpe and Atkinson seem to be a waste of resources, I do not see the point of signing either. I would hope that we could off load some so that we could strengthen the defence and add another attacking midfielder.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

I think we are lumbered with some of them, I do think many will leave in January but we may see a few loaned out.

That said I would get rid of Jenner tomorrow.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I think Jenner would be on everyones list apart from Moniz. The only problem being I think he must be on a play and pay routine so I'm not sure it would save much (apart from his 10 minute cameos!)

• Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

Jenner Sharpe Atkinson Valencic as he's never going to play Audel shouldn't even be on the bench let alone the first 11.

not keen on swerts at times or Sprockel Bennett will be on his way out wroe hayhurst I'd realese smith he's past it now and we have Thompson who's proved he can run in the middle of park and play.

Amervor not very keen on him either De Silva to lightweight needs to hit the gym to weak McKenzie might be on his way out as he seems to get injuries more then games 

Carroll I'm not sure I'd get rid but deffo drop him for Loach 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

what does everyone think is holding jenner back?

he does not look fit when he comes on but during pre season he looked quite good.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

14 hours ago, Notts26 said:

Jenner Sharpe Atkinson Valencic as he's never going to play Audel shouldn't even be on the bench let alone the first 11.

I would keep valencic see how he does but the rest I am not so bothered about.

Jenner and Audel are just worthless to this Notts squad. Atkinson seems a gamble signing, he is not good enough to play why sign him? Let him go.

• Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

4 hours ago, liampie said:

what does everyone think is holding jenner back?

he does not look fit when he comes on but during pre season he looked quite good.

he hasn't played for years that's one lack of confidence maybe and finally he just could be past it 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

On 04/12/2015, 18:01:50, Notts26 said:

he hasn't played for years that's one lack of confidence maybe and finally he just could be past it 

It could be a case of one to many injuries.

If he is on a pay to play type deal, I would have thought he would be trying noticeably harder when he gets a chance.

• Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

On Thu Dec 03 2015 23:31:35 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard, Notts26 said:

not keen on swerts at times or Sprockel Bennett will be on his way out wroe hayhurst I'd realese smith he's past it now and we have Thompson who's proved he can run in the middle of park and play.

Amervor not very keen on him either De Silva to lightweight needs to hit the gym to weak McKenzie might be on his way out as he seems to get injuries more then games 

Carroll I'm not sure I'd get rid but deffo drop him for Loach 

I'm with this guy, get rid of these and we should be okay.

Settle the squad down.

Archived