Moniz Set to Stick With Carroll after blunder

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

Link below 

http://m.nottinghampost.com/Notts-County-boss-Ricardo-Moniz-standing-Roy/story-28342082-detail/story.html

Sorry moniz but you clearly have zero authority or are scared of the bloke .

Roy changed the game with his stupidity and lack of professionalism he is a veteran goalie but to do that was imiture.

In my view if someone does something so stupid and imiture they should be dropped and teached a lesson same applies to anyone else no is bigger then the club.

If Carroll won't get dropped he may think oh I can do that again I'm untouchable and it seems that moniz has his favourites for me I also think Loach may deserve a chance 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I disagree, I have criticised Carroll in the past for his disciplinary record but in this instance my opinion is that Roy has saved points on numerous occasions. He has been the one player who has been a consistent performer, Moniz was right to stick with him you don't drop one of your best players because of one mistake, if he was consistently performing badly it would be a different matter but he isn't.

fair enough you're view but answer me this then he blames Snidjers for the first goal  but yet it smith who gave away the penalty.

Also smith gave away the penalty will he be dropped for Curtis to be given a chance nope will Snidjers be dropped for not giving away a penalty yes.

See if Carroll does the same stupidly again which can happen he won't do nothing a quite word is required at least to say look you do that again you're either  

A ) going to be disciplined

B ) Lose captaincy 

He is a good goalie yes he has saved us at times no doubt about it but at same time he's his own worse enemy didn't noble get dropped when his disciplinary was stupid.

Now he's hardly gettin sent off cause he has learnt to keep his trap shut Carroll is always arguing with someone if any Newport striker watched that goal.

Theyd be thinking right I wind him up stand as close as I can to him as he's going to want to boot this at me if he losses it and they will do it believe me hopefully he has learnt from this it should never of happend from a veteran goalie 

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Ok I've given my view point, we'll agree to disagree, what do others think?

fair enough we will you have you're view I have mine you can't treat others with special treatment so I can't wait for someone to slip up and then see if they get the same treatment or a Scott Bennett that's it ur out etc.

Everyone debate away 👍🏻

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I still think Carroll made a major blip and his attitudes been quite poor, however he is passionate about the club and to coin the phrase 'he wears his heart on his sleeve'. I don't justify those who are upset and now want him out, yet I do feel he should be benched.

Loach deserves a chance and as I say, Carroll continues to show poor judgement and attitude.

point same as mine his attitude is what gets him booked and in trouble and cost us big time gaurentee Newport strikers will wind him up to get the same reaction 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

1 hour ago, notts-joe said:

I still think Carroll made a major blip and his attitudes been quite poor, however he is passionate about the club and to coin the phrase 'he wears his heart on his sleeve'. I don't justify those who are upset and now want him out, yet I do feel he should be benched.

Loach deserves a chance and as I say, Carroll continues to show poor judgement and attitude.

Agreed with all the above. He deserves benching, if nothing more than to show him and others who runs the dressing room! His attitude continues to be a problem for me and yes he is a good goalkeeper, he has made numerous errors this season so far. I appreciate what he did saying he would sign again. Great passion etc...but with that comes a certain responsibility. Add onto that the captains armband (silly move!) and it adds up to...his cockiness costing us another goal. 

Give Loach his run!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

What experienced keeper releases the ball by kicking into the back of an opposition player? Only to watch the ball ricashae towards goal?

After Moniz dropped him unfairly, Carroll probably feels untouchable and Moniz may not want to repeat that. Yet there is no doubt in my mind, Roy Carroll should be made to miss the Newport game and his selection considered afterwards. He constantly argues with people, he throws temper tantrums and kicks the goal when chances are missed. This is not acceptable at all!

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i dont know, i prefer carroll over loach but he does need to focus more.

in my view it doesn't matter who you are if McLeod goes an acts stupid and so on drop him to same for every player no one is bigger then the club no one is untouchable.

If McLeod and stead started kicking people I'd drop them both and play Murray and bishop despite how good they are.

A captain is a leader a example to others he did that on purpose and then watched it fly back over his head and then tried blaming it on there striker.

Sorry accept you did a childish thing take you're punishment miss a game and maybe come back with a better attitude and learn from the mistake.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

I would keep Carrol, he is worth a lot of points over a season and dropping him would be a mistake for me.

With regard to the formation i'd just like to see us go and attack teams with the pace & power we have in the team, keep two up front playing a 4-1-3-2 formation

if Carroll doesn't get punished to me it sends a message out to all the players hey we can do stupid things to then.

Becuase if one doesn't get punished for a act of stupidity the others will use this as there excuse aswell

Archived