Scot Bennett

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

Just read a article dated 9th of December by the Wales argus as I searched to see latest news on Scot Bennett.

Intresting read what I found to Scot Bennet 

NEWPORT County AFC could face a battle to keep hold of key defender Scot Bennett when his loan spell ends on January 2.

The 25-year-old has been a revelation at the heart of the Exiles defence since joining on loan from League Two rivals Notts County in October, helping them off the bottom of the table and to a 10-game unbeaten run.

The Dutch coach was in the stands to watch Bennett in the FA Cup victory over Barnet last weekend and says the move has clearly done his confidence the world of good after a slow start to his Magpies career.

“Scot played a very good game at the weekend,” he told the Nottingham Post.

“I went to see the Barnet game to analyse Newport, who are a good team.

“They are on a very good run at the moment and Scot has been a big part of what they have achieved.

“Obviously he cannot play against us this weekend, but clearly he is playing well.

“It will be very good for his confidence and I am very happy for him.”

Bennett played just four games for Notts at the start of the season, following his move from Exeter City on a free transfer in the summer.

When he was shipped off to Rodney Parade his prospects at Notts County looked bleak but Moniz’s comments this week appear to offer him a way back in.

Speaking to the Newport County programme in October, Bennett admitted the move from Exeter to Nottingham had not worked out.

“I’ve never been at a football club where so many people had come in,” he said.

“It was a bit of a kick in the teeth really because one of the reasons I signed there was we were told it would only be a small squad.

“I look back on it now and if I’d known what would happen through the pre-season I don’t think that would have been the club I would have went to.

“I didn’t go to Notts County to sit on the bench – I’ve been and done that and I felt it was time to move on again.

“When the chance came to play for Newport I didn’t even look at where they were in the league.

“It’s about game time and it’s a new experience with a new group of lads and I jumped at the chance.”

But Bennett’s young family are still in Nottingham and he would welcome a second chance at his parent club.

“The hardest thing was leaving my twin boys back at Notts County as I’d just moved them up there,” he added.

“If I go back to Notts County and I’m playing then great.

“If I end up back here or move elsewhere then I’ll look to perform to the best of my ability and hopefully that will stand me in good stead.”

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

It must be dispiriting when you choose a club after being told you're going to be a key part of a tight-knit squad, and then find yourself on the fringes of a massive squad. And he's probably not the only one who feels he was brought to the club under false pretences. It can't have done any good for morale behind the scenes.

Bennett has clearly been playing well in his loan spell, and plays in the position where we're struggling most. He deserves a chance.

• Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

21 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

It must be dispiriting when you choose a club after being told you're going to be a key part of a tight-knit squad, and then find yourself on the fringes of a massive squad. And he's probably not the only one who feels he was brought to the club under false pretences. It can't have done any good for morale behind the scenes.

Bennett has clearly been playing well in his loan spell, and plays in the position where we're struggling most. He deserves a chance.

don't you think now we have more of a settled squad like our forwards you know stead an McLeod all day wingers Burke Campbell etc it depends if he isn't happy to come back here.

He is on  a 2year deal so would require a fee I'd take if he isn't happy and I'd push the boat out for sheehan

The manager does have a much better idea what his best team is than earlier in the season, and we'll have a more settled team for Bennett to slot into.

He says he'll be happy to come back if he's playing. If he isn't, I think he'll ask for a move. He came here to move on with his career and to play in one position, not for the bit-part role we've offered him. If he does leave it'll probably be for a nominal fee if not for a free, remember we'll be saving a year's wages.

I admit I haven't seen Sheehan play at centre half yet (highlights don't count), but I'm a big believer in playing players in the positions they know best. Left back has (unnecessarily) become something of a problem position for us, so why not play an actual left back there? What about Sheehan at LB, and Edwards and Bennett at CB?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Scot going out on loan sort of surprised me but it's important that he gets game time, I just think we should have given him more time and played him regularly. He came with the expectation that he would be a good signing, also quite possible to become our captain and we just seem to have pushed him as far away from getting chances as possible.

I'd have liked to see him with Sheehan and Hewitt.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

It baffles me how some players manage to get chosen, yet fail.

Hollis should be given a chance with someone reliable next to him. Bennett should be recalled if he is doing well, why let him become consistent elsewhere?

• Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

Uprooting can be difficult, I do not feel we have given him much of a chance but if he applies his attitude to contuining his form. I am sure we will see him back!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

he should have took his chances when he was here, i do not like when players speak like this. what does he want to get from it? apart from rubbing his words in the face of moniz and notts?

Archived