Bennett recalled

Feral Fox

7 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

It's a crazy situation that probably our best LB and a CB (bearing in mind we played Sprockel and our fitness coach) are/were out on loan at sides in the same league, one of which are above us!!

Agreed. Look forward to seeing the announcement to bring Adams back asap. Time to sort out a settled back four that can actually defend.

I would also go as far as changing the keeper as well and giving Loach an extended run as well. 

Audel played Right Back all last season according to his interview so I would give him a shout at RB because Hewitt seems way too frail at the back.

That just leaves us needing a CB asap when the market opens.

Loach

Audel, NEW CB, Bennett, Adams

Snejiders, Thompson/Milsom, Stan/Noble, Campbell

McLeod, Murray/Stead/Spencer

Drop Smith and bring in Thompson or Milsom to steady the ship along side Noble or Stan. Possibly persist with two wingers, Snejiders (apologies for the spelling) and Campbell and McLeod and a partner up front. Not sure on Stead yet, but they might work.

There you go Notts. Give me the job!

I actually think Hollis and Bennett could work well together, Hollis is not as bad as many make out and Bennett is experienced, I think we should at least give them a try, and where would we get a centre back from ? I mean they don't grow on trees so I hope Branston has been scouting the league looking for a decent one

I'm not a Hollis fan so I'll give him a miss thanks! You would have thought the legend that is Guy Branston, would have a massive list of prospects ready for the new guy by now because it's been obvious since August when Ray said he would buy a new back four if needed to sort out the defence, that has been the biggest issue.

New CB asap.

Hollis is cack, admittedly he is better than Audel, but to be fair Lord Lucan goes missing less than Audel.

How have we ended up with the utter crap we have as defenders? Continuous managers have neglected this area and it has been their collective downfall.

As for Guy Branston it seems his remit defender wise was to sign players in his mould ala can't head a bus queue, not fast enough to carry a hat at a funeral and who can't pass water.

11 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

Well Hollis and Laing were a cracking partnership last year and were the reason we were hard to beat at the start of the season, many scapegoat Hollis and I'm not sure why, he's a Notts lad as far as I know so I would think everyone would he behind him

It says rather a lot more about Laing than it does Hollis though doesn't it, one went onto much better things and the others frailties were exposed for all to see hence why he hasn't played many games since that period

23 hours ago, hissingdwarf said:

Seems that the most obvious thing is being done immediately.

Well done Notts and I hope to see Bennett get a fir crack of the whip now, starting with Saturday.

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/scot-bennett-recalled-from-newport-county-afc-2879031.aspx

He was truly awful at Grimsby, it was emabarrasing to watch. However, everyone deserves a second chance. Centre backs about a pairing rather than individuals, e.g. Hollis and Laing worked really well together but Hollis this season hasn't had the right partner if we want to use him.

Guest gtownjohnno

Saturday will be very interesting if bennet is selected....i wonder about his mentality.....will he think ..ck it id sooner be playing for newport....

1 hour ago, gtownjohnno said:

Saturday will be very interesting if bennet is selected....i wonder about his mentality.....will he think ..ck it id sooner be playing for newport....

Tbf it wasn't the club that thought he was sh!te so hopefully he can perform aswell for us as he has apparently been doing for Newport

Guest gtownjohnno
37 minutes ago, Northants Pie said:

Tbf it wasn't the club that thought he was sh!te so hopefully he can perform aswell for us as he has apparently been doing for Newport

You mean us supporters thought he was shite and made him go out on loan...did you see him at oxford??? Moniz did and shipped him out..

Bennett can do a job for us, yet we need to let him settle and encourage him.

Going forward against Stevenage he looked good, yet it doesn't help when people around you don't play to their potential - I would actually be disappointed if we allowed him to leave, so recalling him is the right option and I hope he gets on well with our new manager.

13 hours ago, gtownjohnno said:

You mean us supporters thought he was shite and made him go out on loan...did you see him at oxford??? Moniz did and shipped him out..

At what point did I say the supporters made him go out on loan? He was very poor at Oxford but that doesn't mean he will only want to play for Newport does it? 

Guest gtownjohnno
18 hours ago, gtownjohnno said:

Looks like he said ..ck it id rather play for newport...pmsl

Guest gtownjohnno
22 hours ago, gtownjohnno said:

Looks like he said ..ck it id rather play for newport...pmsl

Guest gtownjohnno

2 days and they couldnt sort out permission to play??????dont think so....same as adams they dont like it at notts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest gtownjohnno
On 01/01/2016 at 19:52, gtownjohnno said:

I didnt see his performance at crawley but i did on saturday...and i reckon iam right....... f... it id rather play at newport....

Archived