New manager

Feral Fox

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 11:42, Dripsey3 said:

We have a massive 6 pointer next Saturday. A chance to get back in the promotion race. New manager needs to be in place early this week.

Accy have had their last 2 games postponed so with more rain expected im sure Saturday must be at risk as well, did Colin slater say a manager would be appointed early next week ?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please, not Baraclough! He's awful, full stop. Of the others, can't get excited by many tbh. Gary Bowyer would be my choice, particularly if we aren't getting Sheridan - and I'm not that enthusiastic about Sheridan - I guess Bowyer would be first choice anyway.

Cooper is nothing special, not sure why he's in the frame, at all. The rest are absolute wasters and no hopers. The lunatic Holloway has been mentioned, the mind boggles. His track record is desperately poor, all mouth, no substance.

Bowyer isn't coming neither is Mackay likely to neither is coterill or warnock or Holloway sky are payin Holloway more money they we would.

Also bowyer will get a top half league one club so would coterill I know for a fact that cooper is on the list but not at the top.

Someone apparently spoted baraclough leaving meadow lane so he could be on the list Sheridan hasn't been approached as Newport directors have stated this.

So as to who's at the top of this list I would love to know cause if it's not Sheridan Mackay or bowyer or lee Clark could be up the top.

if baraclough is on the top I'm going to go crazy cause despite people thinking cooper ain't good enough he had a limited budget at Swindon sold young players on for  2-3 million I believe.

Played attractive football yea he got sacked due to losing players and big injury list him and bowyer or Mackay would be on my list of possible but the list the club have probaly looks more likely to this one.

1 Baraclough 

2 Richard Money

3 Lee Clarke  

4 Mark Cooper 

and the rest will be junk gaurenteed they will pick baraclough and make some excuse of how good he is and so on

supposedly its going to be paul hurst, confirmed friday but not in charge of the stanley game.

the person who told me seemed to be in the know and genuine, supposedly he has been back to meadow lane today in order to discuss terms further.

Paul Hurst would do for me. Not in my first list of choices, but when choosing the manager at the lane, you can guarantee the bookies at the beginning are way out.

Grimsby's record isn't shabby and their style seems quite solid, but expansive when possible. That'll do me!

he would say that wouldn't he he isn't going to come out an say yea Notts have approached me.

To me they all get trained to lie Grimsby fans saying he said that egxactly same statement there when he was at Boston then 2 days later was the Grimsby manager.

They all deny it so if they don't get the job they can fall back on what they have rather then saying yea AV been approached etc and I'm going  

Archived