New manager

Feral Fox

Supporter+

We have a massive 6 pointer next Saturday. A chance to get back in the promotion race. New manager needs to be in place early this week.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Dripsey3 he won't be thou the club have said halsall and Dryden will still be in place due to the shortlist I don't know who's in it .

But the likely two are deffo Cooper and Sheridan you'd think but if the club want Sheridan they best contact Newport an ask to speak to him etc instead of messing around.

the rest will probaly be Saunders dickov money purse and some other dross 

31 minutes ago, 1862 said:

Darren Purse rumour can be put to bed I know a lad in my gym and his brother plays for Rushden and Diamonds and he said purse was at the game but he isn't going for the job as he knows he won't get it.

Hes intrested in the Kidderminster Harriers job if it comes available he's just marketing himself out there 

Hope that is true. We need a manager with experience and gile to move us up.

On 12/30/2015 at 14:00, tonyhateley said:

I see Bristol City got hammered 4-0 the other day and they are 22nd in the Championship, can we hang on and wait for him to get the sack?

We could always appoint him and sack him in 5 months if he doesn't get us in the play offs, because that's what we do isn't it?

In fact lets just let the fans be the manager they all seem know what is needed and Ray seems to take more notice of them.

Still peed off 'pie. :censored:

I've got a few T shirts Mr T so you like me and many others just chill a have a glass or three it will all come out in the wash when the defence is sorted and Noble gets anger management

I didn't know we're to put this but Sky Bet William Hill The Sackrace Odds checker Bet Victor and so on have removed all bets for Notts next manager odds complete my gone.

This may mean someone is going to be announced word has it that Malky Mackay hasn't been offerd a the managers job at Celtic as Colin slater reported or said he got offerd a job at Celtic not the manager job.

And speculation has it that Mackay has the job and will be announced this week if not tomorrow that's the speculation but the odds have all gone and betting companies aren't accepting them or offering them out now.

So if this is true what would everyone think of Mackay good friends with winter our CEO

I'm probably a bit late to this debate but here's my two penn'orth. Firstly, I'm a bit fed up of the sack race too - when was the last time we finished a season with the same manager we started with? I think it was with Gudjon (2004-5?). Which isn't to say that Moniz didn't make a gigantic hash of certain things, most notably the squad planning, although I feel others also have to share the blame with him there.

If it was true that Moniz's assistants were allowed little input, then the sacking of Dave Kevan was very harsh. The new man might have been happy to work with him.

Sheridan's CV certainly isn't without its blemishes, but he has won the division we're currently in, reached the play-offs with Plymouth and the League One play-offs with Oldham. He knows the lower divisions and is the seasoned manager I think we'll be looking for. I'd be happy enough with his appointment, but if he does arrive, it should be with a brief to lay the foundations for a promotion push next season and with no pressure this time around. But if we do miraculously sneak into the top seven this season, great.

Malky Mackay would be great in purely footballing terms, but carries too much baggage. There's also the worry that the recent scandal would damage his standing among players. On measure it's a no from me.

As for the rest, Gary Bowyer could be interesting but is far from the safe appointment I think the club will make this time. I'm ambivalent about Mark Cooper and I think Darren Purse has no chance, someone just saw him in the stands and put some money on.

Sheridan said in his interview on Saturday that he hadn't been approached. I hoped he was fibbing but it looks like he was telling the truth.

Sheridan has drifted from 1-3 to 5-4 today, while Baraclough (one R people!) is at 5-4 having started the day at 20-1. It's a small market though with only Bet Victor's odds listed on oddschecker, so odds are volatile. It may just be that someone has joined the dots of Baraclough having had two spells at Notts, being out of work and Notts needing a manager, and others have also backed him after seeing movement in the odds.

I hope it isn't IB personally, limited experience/success in management in the English league and no experience of League Two.

Come on Notts Sort it out. Get on the phone and get permission. Line up interviews with JS and Coops and make a decision. Anyone else would be a mistake imo.

Baraclough? No thanks. Nothing inspiring at all and nothing going for him in his favour.

On 04/01/2016 at 09:04, DangerousSausage said:

Firstly, I'm a bit fed up of the sack race too - when was the last time we finished a season with the same manager we started with?

That was McParland in 2008/9, the most depressing season I can remember.  We finished 19th, (really 21st because of points deductions for other teams).  Incredibly Munto kept him on and nearly allowed him to wreck our Championship season.

oh and now Barraclough is odds on has done nothing wherever he has been at all I'm not bein funny but if Sheridan is out the running.

And it's Barraclough purse and some other rubbish please appoint Cooper and let him bring his own staff his own players don't go cheap and useless and tell us that the person has achieved this n that 

Archived