Dougie Freedman

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It seems Dougie is quite close to Jamie, as I just read about the latters departure from Bolton Wanderers. I'm not quire sure recommendations from pally people are always the best way forward, as it's not like they'll say anything bad about them right? Yet what baffles me is why Dougie Freedman would call in Match Talk in order to further praise his friend.

Did anyone hear this?

I hope now Jamie's been appointed, we focus on solely on ourselves and avoid linking up with Forest (unless better out of favoured players are an option).

That's one worry of mine, we'll end up being sent inexperienced youngsters - rather than finding the experience we need. Yes Louie Laing did brilliantly, and it's that class I would welcome but just the whole feeling makes me unsure.

What do you make of it?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

As I said in the other post @notts-joe I don't think he phoned up it was a pre recorded interview. He was asked what he thought of Jamie and of course he said what a thoroughly decent bloke he was and how it was a great challenge for him etc., blah blah blah. He was also asked if this meant there would be loan players coming across the Trent and he was quick to say that it was not necessarily going to happen, sometimes it was better for young players to be sent further afield to gain experience at different clubs but he did say that if it was right for the player and the club he wouldn't rule it out.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Jamie will have to stand on his own two feet, sort the defence out and he should stand a fair chance of doing well. With regards to Dougie, he is just trying to help his friend settle.

50 minutes ago, tonyhateley said:

As I said in the other post @notts-joe I don't think he phoned up it was a pre recorded interview. He was asked what he thought of Jamie and of course he said what a thoroughly decent bloke he was and how it was a great challenge for him etc., blah blah blah. He was also asked if this meant there would be loan players coming across the Trent and he was quick to say that it was not necessarily going to happen, sometimes it was better for young players to be sent further afield to gain experience at different clubs but he did say that if it was right for the player and the club he wouldn't rule it out.

He said that when we last tried to forge links 'wouldn't rule it out'.

@jsrjay speaks of decent prospects which could do a job for us, however I hope he shortens the squad and looks to bring in permanent players. I guess it depends on the budget but I certainly hope Jamie doesn't become somewhere they can ship out untested players.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

@tonyhateley sums it up well, Freedman was supporting Fullarton. I hope we can go forward by using the players in the current squad and if necessary selling or buying,rather than relying on loans. Yes Laing, Freeman and McLaughlin did well on loan, but when they went back the squad suffered. I hope @upthepies view of what Freedman said is correct, and we shouldn't read too much into it. think we need to maintain a squad that will improve through becoming a unit, certainly I don't want to support a team that is reliant on the crumbs from Forest's table.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

dougie can praise fullarton to the cows come home, i doubt any notts fan will listen.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, notts-joe said:

He said that when we last tried to forge links 'wouldn't rule it out'.

@jsrjay speaks of decent prospects which could do a job for us, however I hope he shortens the squad and looks to bring in permanent players. I guess it depends on the budget but I certainly hope Jamie doesn't become somewhere they can ship out untested players.

Yep plenty of highly potential players who could do with a loan spell I feel.

Tyler Walker for 1 I feel defo needs game time.

Joe Worrell centre back though he has just gone to Stevenage.

Jorge grant midfielder very good on the ball quite pacy.

Jack Kelly left back very attacking left back takes a lot of free kicks Been touted as our next pearce.

Oliver burke winger is currently in and around the 1st team very very quick good on the ball and knows where the goal is.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

9 hours ago, notts-joe said: He said that when we last tried to forge links 'wouldn't rule it out'.

Yep plenty of highly potential players who could do with a loan spell I feel.

Tyler Walker for 1 I feel defo needs game time.

Joe Worrell centre back though he has just gone to Stevenage.

Jorge grant midfielder very good on the ball quite pacy.

Jack Kelly left back very attacking left back takes a lot of free kicks Been touted as our next pearce.

Oliver burke winger is currently in and around the 1st team very very quick good on the ball and knows where the goal is.

Let's do an exchange deal please. The good ones from you to us in exchange for Sprokel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how Sprokel will feature for us now, how he manages to get chosen ahead of Bennett or even favoured more highly I don't know.

Then again, I wasn't at the game @Blackville and @ivansneck mentioned to me. haha!

Archived