Alan Hardy may pull of potenial takeover

Chris

Duel poll folks, please take time to answer both questions...  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer a local businessman/fan to purchase Notts?

• Yes
    • Depends on investment
    • I just want a owner who can take us forward regardless of money
    • No
  2. 2. Does having money really matter?

• Of course it does!
    • Yes, but there are bigger aspects in a takeover.
    • I'm undecided
    • No, it doesn't matter provided it's spent wisely!

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

A hedgefund to me sounds like an absolute disaster and we will be asset stripped if a profit is being sort, so it looks like an Asian corporation might be the best option.

So if that's the case, let's think big and I'll go for Samsung, still a family run firm with one man having the final say on what goes.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Roll on the conclusion of this saga.  Little class being shown and things that are being said on social media I can only take with a proverbial pinch of salt , roll on completion and a proper statement of intent , can't wait for it to be done , not interested in hedgefund ownership doesn't sit good with me , but what will be will be , well done u Pies today maybe better days ahead ???? 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

I don't like the sound of either if I'm honest

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

We still are none the wiser!!

Purchasing a football club should not be surrounded by secrecy, handle the takeover privately but if you are serious about purchasing the club put your name forward. One minute we seem to be dealing with Hardy, then the offer acceptance in principle, American buyers and now a UK edge fund/Asian investment. This is not a game of cluedo or monopoly.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

No, but it definitely a game of guess who!

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

14 hours ago, notts-joe said:

There's certainly a lot of twists, I'm reading nothing into thus until a takeover is confirmed. Things are changing to frequently for me to show any more interest in the takeover but I would note - Its a shame Hardy has firmly pulled out.

Hope whoever it is that buys the club, understands our history and principles. COYP!

I'd be more than happy with an owner like the lad Leicester City have, the amount of money he is putting into the club behind the scenes to make the academy and training facilities the best there is is eye watering and refreshing as he is building the club in the right way, not just throwing cash at the first team in a vain attempt to gain immediate success, unsurprisingly a club that has such a positive vibe in and around it is taking on and beating the so called big boys.

I really don't like the idea of hedge funds at all as we would be nothing more than a vehicle for profit gain, which would have massive debts levelled against it as the sole objective is to make as much money as possible regardless of the outcome, to put it another way, a legal version of Munto Finance....

Another angle of the hedge fund is the regeneration that Notts Council have planned for the areas surrounding Meadow Lane, isn't it all going to be houses?? How much is our ground worth then I ask? This to an investment vehicle that most probably owns most of the shares in all of the firms that would be involved from initial ground work all the way through to the estate agents instructed to sell the houses.

How much would the council pay this investment vehicle to effectively get rid of the problem of a football ground in prime housing land that close to the train station? Far more than the cost of building a McDonalds kit build style aka Shrewbury, another non descript ground devoid of all character and soul miles away from meaningful public transport and even further away from a ground we could call home.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

I'm really worried that we're going from a very mild frying pan into a raging inferno. I'm hope I'm wrong but we knew what we were getting with the Trews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Good points above , the non-identity of the very close to be new owners is disturbing , we have been down that road in the past and look what happened , for me it's time for an OFFICIAL statement and people come forward with transparency,    I have said before we need to be showing trust and patience,   but social media chit chat by the key player RT is not helping ,   make it official in what is said or say nothing , please .

• Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Mr Trew certainly came across as angry on Twitter. Not good for his health! Sounds like the Yanks offered the most cash but Mr Trew felt they weren't right for Notts. That's positive at least.

One thing that is a bit strange is the secrecy of it all, whilst i'm sure some people would like annonymity through the initial phase I don't get it now at all

An example of how to do it is Swansea, they have announced the potential investors/buyers straightaway. 

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

I do not know what to believe but it all appears very messy.

The offer in principle never made sense in the first place, the American's could have been annoyed that there time was wasted or felt disrespected. You don't agree anything unless it's right, so I for one do not believe Ray pulled the plug on it.

Archived