England - Reputation over form!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

I think the England national side is a complete shambles, Theo Walcott has had a terrible season and is still picked ahead of someone like Marc albrighton or Arron Lennon who's having a decent season.

The same applies to Sterling, he is picked due to his reputation when Nathan Redmond has had an almost identical season to him, they have both played the same games and have the same assists and goals, but Sterling is picked ?

Mark noble is having a good season and is the heart of West Ham but he doesn't get picked yet the second Jack Wiltshire is fit he will be straight on that plane to France, when will we start picking a team that works rather than one full of reputations?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Walcott played when he was played upfront, that's his position but someone believes he knows better because Theo has bursting pace.

Arron Lennon for me is vastly overrated in my opinion, he only really has pace and not much else. His shooting and passing can be extremely poor for the level in which he plays, if Spurs hadn't hung onto him for so long - I think he would have fallen to the Championship and then potentially further.

Fully agree regarding Nathan Redmond, he's a very good player and always puts in a shift when played.

The problem with England, many go missing in 'national' games and the more experienced international generally get picked because they are considered to be more consistent. Yes, some are picked solely because they play for one of the top six clubs - others based on name and reputation but really until the misconception that the 'best' players are playing in the Champions League etc, not much will change.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

its probably why england never really improve like other nations.

i dont even recall the last time i watched them play on tv and it once was religious.

Players like Mark Noble dream of playing for England but I can imagine some players think of it as a chore

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

When England don't perform to how they should, I would imagine more than a few feel that way but it's been years since England felt like the national side was going in the right direction.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

2002 was the last decent England side and they should really have won the World Cup, but for Beckham breaking his foot. He was risked when not match fit and it backfired on us, that will be the problem this year. I'm not saying we're good enough to win it because I don't think we are, but how many players that are coming back from injury will Hodgson pick? Rooney, Wiltshire, Hart and Sterling are long term injuries, but would probably come into it, plus with Sturridge being made of glass can we afford to take so many crocks? 

I would go with fully fit payers and maybe a risky couple and let them gel. Hodgson has his favourites, but he should let them go and play some lesser known players like Deeney and Drinkwater, let's see what they can do at international level.

I think we have been let down by bad managers over the years, Sven was actually a good manager but Steve McLaren couldn't even qualify for the euros with the best england team of my generation, we have had some good players like Scholes, Gerrard, Lamps, Terry, Ferdinand, the list goes on, but we never play as a team, we play with egos and people who think they are superstars at the age of 20 (Sterling)

Half of the German team that won the world cup actually played and won things at U21 level, there aren't any superstars in that German team because they play so well together, we have always had yes men as England manager, even I agree we should have gave Cloughie a chance even though I don't think he would have done much

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

I think last night's result proved it should always be form over reputation. How many England sides of the past few years would have come back from 2-0 down against anybody, let alone Germany, friendly or not.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

No comment, my disappointment expands here.

I can't tag via Tapatalk but... Granny, Super have a lot of explaining. Already grilled Facebook, SDA and DangerousSausage.

Archived