Squad Spring cleaning!

Turkey_Twizzler

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

After the past few performances its evident that some players simply aren't good enough and the size of our squad is far too big anyway we still have 32 players registered to play for the first team, who would you keep and who would you bin ? (I'm unsure who's contracts run out in the summer but I know a few are running out)

For me I would keep;

1. Loach (obvious reasons)

2. Adams (only because he's our best left back)

3. Murray (he gives 100% but hasn't been given a proper chance)

4. Milsom (has shown glimpses of being a decent player)

5. Thompson (many will disagree but I think based on last season he is worth keeping)

6. Noble (obvious reasons)

7. Hewitt (like Curtis he is young and I think a good manager will help him develop)

8. Campbell (always tries his best, still young)

9. Burke (has shown glimpses of quality)

10. Banton (has shown glimpses of being a good winger)

11. Oh Stanley Aborah! (Need I say more)

Maybes; (I haven't seen enough to judge and the three youth players)

Genaro S, Sharpe, valencic, Atkinson, Sarpong, Bishop, Jordon Richards, Amevor, De Silva

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Unfortunately we have a lot of dead wood on 2 year contracts, but if this was a wish list it would be;

Loach- half decent

Milsom - will be decent

Stanley - if he wants to

Noble - headless but needs managing

Snijders- good enough

Burke - again if managed correctly.

Stead- knocking on but will last another season.

And now I'm struggling, keep the young pros apart from Atkinson, but the rest of the squad just aren't up to it.

Desperately disappointing season.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

We have a lot of dead-wood but the last thing we need is a complete overhaul as it never ends up in success.

Definitely keep: Loach, Milsom, Stanley Aborah, Noble, Burke, Stead, Murray, Campbell.

Maybe: Genaro Snijders, Amevor, Smith, Valencic, De Silva, Hewitt (Could be developed), Atkinson, C.Thompson

Possibly missed some out, but the rest can shove it. 

I'd say a squad of 20-23 is ideal, that including youth players, we have a massive squad meaning we haven't even seen quite a few players enough to judge them, with a small squad you can give opportunities to youth players and keep players confidence up even after a few bad games

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

At this stage, I can't really say.

I need to give players a chance to perform under Cooper, however I do hope that when squad is cut - there's at least 15 players who make the grade. I'm tired of seeing a new look squad each season, players don't settle and we just run out of those who are prepared to give their all. In fact, I'd go as far as saying we those the passion which comes from 'knowing' the club/fans.

This said, there's 4-5 players I would have released when Fullarton took over.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,773
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

9 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

After the past few performances its evident that some players simply aren't good enough and the size of our squad is far too big anyway we still have 32 players registered to play for the first team, who would you keep and who would you bin ? (I'm unsure who's contracts run out in the summer but I know a few are running out)

For me I would keep;

5. Thompson (many will disagree but I think based on last season he is worth keeping)

7. Hewitt (like Curtis he is young and I think a good manager will help him develop)

Genaro S, Sharpe, valencic, Atkinson, Sarpong, Bishop, Jordon Richards, Amevor, De Silva

Sorry, have to disagree...Adams best Left Back?..even if he is, still not good enough...Murray...just not sharp enough... Hewitt...cannot defend, end of, Campbell..all effort no quality... Burke, has a decent left foot, but rest of his game, he offers nothing.... Banton...seriously better than Genaro?

9 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said: After the past few performances its evident that some players simply aren't good enough and the size of our squad is far too big anyway we still have 32 players registered to play for the first team, who would you keep and who would you bin ? (I'm unsure who's contracts run out in the summer but I know a few are running out)

For me I would keep;

Sorry, have to disagree...Adams best Left Back?..even if he is, still not good enough...Murray...just not sharp enough... Hewitt...cannot defend, end of, Campbell..all effort no quality... Burke, has a decent left foot, but rest of his game, he offers nothing.... Banton...seriously better than Genaro?

I just wonder why Mansfield loved Adams if he's been poor for us, Murray like Spencer hasn't been given a good run in the team and to say he's our longest serving player and we still don't know if he's good enough, I agree Hewitt has been poor but I'd hope he would improve, Campbell has shown glimpses of ability like Burke and I think given time they will both become good players, and I would play Banton on the opposite side to Genaro and play two wingers that can attack, but with cooper and his 352 formation we can't play wingers

@ohstanleyaborah Another question to ask if any of your list of players are up for a relegation fight. Unfortunately, I didnt see much of the pain of defeat yesterday on the looks and attitude of those players. Just take the money and get back on the bus. Unacceptable

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

This season has been a mess on and off the field sadly , on the pitch its lacked structure I personally think that's due to ultra attack mined RM , the players had to much freedom to attack lost all sense of the discipline needed to really succeed, some exciting moments along the way true .  JF well best forgot a totally demoralising manager whose tactics totally choked the team the other way , not sure we know how the players are as a result of all this , some aren't good enough others look demoralised and lost , Coops has a real job on , but given time will get more out of the ones who are good enough or developed into good enough players . 

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Perhaps Adams looked good at the Stags because he was part of a settled back 4? I think he'd make a decent wing back for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

I'm afraid my list of 'definitely keep' first team squad players stops at one - Scott Loach.  Then there are a few in the 'maybe' category such as Noble, Stead, Thompson, Aborah and Campbell, but to be honest I wouldn't be too disappointed to see any of that lot go.  From the reserve set up I would retain Amevor and Snijders (can't understand why we've seen so little of them) and youngsters like Wildin, Sharpe, Sarpong and Gibson who should be pushing for senior places next season.  Due to 2 year contracts obviously we'll be stuck with some the dross for another season, but if our summer recruitment is as bad as it's been the last couple of years we really are in trouble.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Agree with you, add Hollis, Armevour and Atkinson to that list to!

Bishop apparently did really well today wherever he is on loan

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

@ohstanleyaborah Colby on loan at Gloucester City. Having seen 5 or so Reserve games, sadly there is no sign of the quality needed to succeed

Archived