ForestGreen Rovers very intrested in cooper

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

Forest Green are very intrested in cooper and are monitoring his situation at Notts.

Cooper was also seen at there game against Dover by fans at the game there fans love him.

former player to 4 or so of there players have played under him.

Now I'm no expert but if I was Ray trew I'd offer cooper a contract now.

because forest green have money and back there managers well and they may go up this year.

Id scrap this points rubbish and offer the bloke a 3 year deal if Fullarton was worth a 4year deal cooper is deffo 3-4 year contract.

But knowing us Itl be the same mistake allow him to leave and replace him with a youth coach and sign another 50 players personally.

I'd just give him the job now it's the only thing that will make the fans smile about this season 

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

They need to go up I feel to get him , links to the club true , so maybe a pull for him , I personally think if RT doesn't retain MC services for next season then he could get a league one or two club , hope we keep him and let him build . 

I don't think they need to go up forest green are loaded and can afford to pay him plus he is classed as a legend by most fans there.

I would give him a contract today an not mess around cause I can see what will happen 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

40 minutes ago, Modern Fan 1862 👍 said:

Forest Green are very intrested in cooper and are monitoring his situation at Notts.

Cooper was also seen at there game against Dover by fans at the game there fans love him.

former player to 4 or so of there players have played under him.

Now I'm no expert but if I was Ray trew I'd offer cooper a contract now.

because forest green have money and back there managers well and they may go up this year.

Id scrap this points rubbish and offer the bloke a 3 year deal if Fullarton was worth a 4year deal cooper is deffo 3-4 year contract.

But knowing us Itl be the same mistake allow him to leave and replace him with a youth coach and sign another 50 players personally.

I'd just give him the job now it's the only thing that will make the fans smile about this season 

I'll renew our season tickets if Mark Cooper is manager next season - if not I won't.

19 minutes ago, ivansneck said:

I'll renew our season tickets if Mark Cooper is manager next season - if not I won't.

so will I @ivansneck I agree with you not renewing for the trews if they mess this one up it seriously is game over for next year 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

I'm still unsure on Cooper, just can't see why so many seem convinced he is the Messiah.  I'd like to see what he can do with some of his own players, but unfortunately he'll be stuck with a fair few of the current bunch next season, and his results with them so far haven't been very impressive.  His interviews have been good but spotting the problems are the easy part, the hard bit is sorting them out.

#unconvinced.

5 minutes ago, Elite_pie said:

I'm still unsure on Cooper, just can't see why so many seem convinced he is the Messiah.  I'd like to see what he can do with some of his own players, but unfortunately he'll be stuck with a fair few of the current bunch next season, and his results with them so far haven't been very impressive.  His interviews have been good but spotting the problems are the easy part, the hard bit is sorting them out.

#unconvinced.

no one is saying he's a messiah  what people are trying to say is he is a good manager and knows his players.

He can also play pretty football on the deck but can adapte like we did at Newport and he isn't to blame for this joke of a squad.

Consdering he had a low half budget at Swindon an got them to Wembley speaks volume to and compared to Fullarton kiwoyma Derry moniz he's far better.

Would you rather we let him go and have Leeds United academy coach as our next manager cause that's what Itl be.

Not having a dig just being realistic with the people who pick our managers 

There's no denying we've been worse than awful when it comes to choosing managers - but is Cooper capable of bucking the trend, or is he another name to add to the list?

well in what he's shown he is  

A) willing to bring thro youth 

B ) He can see the obvious just can't change it 

C) tells it how it is 

I think he can change is given the fact the transfer pannel goes branston goes and cooper is in charge of his signings 

we could of had Alex Ferguson in charge and the results would still be as they are 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I would hope that Cooper sees it's already built here and that his chances of progressing could be better, it only won't if he knows we will be limited budget wise. At this stage I am not worried, he may get the points required but really I feel it's a mistake.

Fans just like the fact he's stable and looks to have the right potential.

This whole messiah attitude, I don't get it - I don't believe fans feel this. I know from canvassing opinions people are impressed by his short tenure and see the promising signs, yes he made a mistake at Mansfield and probably elsewhere but Moniz/Fullerton did (the latter even more so - did he do anything right?) He's good for this division and perhaps the next, if people aren't worried about who could come in to replace him - just look at the past 10 managers. Does it fill you with confidence?

Everyone should be saying enough is enough, let's stick and have a bit of stability.

I'm sure with more of his 'own players' he'll stamp out things. We need to play with his style, his men and it's hard to apply when your defensive options are woeful/lacking confidence.

• Content Count:  1,179

Cooper has expressed he wants to be here next year and that we have massive potential, I think we should sign him up asap, he's not the Messiah and he hasn't done everything right, but look at what he has to work with! Hartlepool looked very impressive and we beat them, he has got a fair amount of points I feel, and he talks a lot of truth, he's got the fans on side and that's the main thing he needed to do

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

well listen to his latest interview etc he said no discussions have taken place and they asked him about signing players he said they have a head of recruitment for that.

Its almost like he's got something either lined up or belives he isn't going to be offered a deal he also said as of after tomrrow he's avalible again.

Id litreally just offer him a deal now straight lay it on the table becuase after tomrrow I can see him walking 

The word 'Messiah' was probably a bit over the top on my part, but a few here and elsewhere seem to be basing their decision regarding a season ticket on whether he stays or goes.  I will be interested to see what he can do and wouldn't advocate getting rid, but I just don't see what he's done to inspire that sort of confidence.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Forest Green or Notts? They have a chairman who's hands on to say the least. He will be wanting promotion to L1 if they do go up. Notts are the bigger club by a country mile but we have Guy Branston. If it were new owners, Notts all day. The current set up makes FGR more attractive IMO.

9 minutes ago, Elite_pie said:

The word 'Messiah' was probably a bit over the top on my part, but a few here and elsewhere seem to be basing their decision regarding a season ticket on whether he stays or goes.  I will be interested to see what he can do and wouldn't advocate getting rid, but I just don't see what he's done to inspire that sort of confidence.

name me one manager in the world who could inspire you with this terrible bunch

5 minutes ago, Dripsey3 said:

Forest Green or Notts? They have a chairman who's hands on to say the least. He will be wanting promotion to L1 if they do go up. Notts are the bigger club by a country mile but we have Guy Branston. If it were new owners, Notts all day. The current set up makes FGR more attractive IMO.

not to mention they are probaly better run behind scenes with better plan 

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

@Elite_pie  we'll only know by giving him a proper chance , a handful of his own players in the mix next season could make a world of difference in my view , any manager is a gamble in all honesty but compared to what we have suffered MC is a better bet , forest green are loaded yes but that's absolutely no guarantee of success but get your concerns @Modern Fan 1862 👍 .

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

Doesn't bother me too much either way, if he stays great, I would like to see a team gathered by him (sack Branston please!), as he had to take over this one whose confidence was destroyed by Fullarton and he has not been able to bring in any players to alter things because he came after the window had closed.

I do think it is a mistake not to at least offer him a contract, so I do not blame him for having a look around. Was he not brought in just for said amount of games? In which case he will be out of work come 4:55 tomorrow anyway.

odds on after the game if no contract is offered forest green will be straight on phone to him sorting something out.

Money an a good manager are a recipe for promotion if they already don't go up this year.

Also trew should already be talking to him about terms and havin somat lined up already but Notts seem to wait the last min for players and managers.

Next manager some academy coach who will not cost a lot or will follow guy Branstons orders.

When teams are intrested in you're manager it's a clear sign he's doing a decent job if that's not enough for trew to understand il never know what is.

And in the interview he said the head of recruitment will pick players if he doesn't get the contract offer.

well if branston is still here which he most likely will be god help us all expect this to be the icing on a comical joke season.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

Coopers the right man at this level or as good as any if you prefer, if he wasn't  FGR wouldn't be sniffing around, it would be madness for Notts to let him slip away. He's done as well as you could expect with the current squad and there in lies the problem. The current squad is completely disjointed, half a dozen right backs of questionable quality, a midfield lacking strength quality ability and leadership, a few fringe strikers and two more of proven quality but not getting any kind of service or back up and then getting slated for not single handedly winning every game for us.                                                                                                                       Recommended: Keep Cooper, let him choose who we should sign (which may be limited due to half the current squad being contracted for next season already). He's a proven manager, let him manage.                           Not recommended: Employing the hapless Guy Branston.Full Stop.

Cooper didn't sound confident about being the manager next season, he's in limbo, his contract runs out straight after the game and he hasn't had any talks about the future with RT... We truly are up s**** creek without a paddle!

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36231307

If things dont work out with MC, maybe RS would be interested?

I'm not familiar with Russell Slade, abit before my time! Was he good the first time round ?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

We could get Mourinio as manager but it would make no difference, the club is rotten to the core, and unless a take over is done soon who make major changes behind the scenes, like getting rid of our head of  recruitment ,we will be playing our last game in the football  league this time next year, and having just watched MC interview he won't be here next season!

Archived