Mark Cooper GONE

ivansneck

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,766
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@ohstanleyaborah What no Hurst? At least he has some success behind him and not a whole list of failures? 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Hurst had a bit of a go at the fans after the game in his interview, so I don't think he is going to be hanging around there much longer by the sound of things. I also hear reports that a lot of the fans don't like him, but I was listening to 606 last night when a couple of Grimsby fans came on the radio and said that they had brilliant fans and a brilliant manager, so go figure that one out!

I don't wish Cooper any ill feeling at all and he moved for the certainty of a job and a decent package as well, but I must admit that I did smile when I saw the result, although this might also be because Grimsby are my second team as I spend a lot of time in that area.

I can't wait to go next season, but just know for a fact that we will play them away in the middle of January, when it is snowing!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

@ohstanleyaborah What no Hurst? At least he has some success behind him and not a whole list of failures? 

He has a good record and could possibly be great but I've heard bad things about the way he plays and he missed out on the play offs twice, but he would know the non-league market well ,so I really have no idea

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

I can't see Hurst coming to us, surely he'd be better off with a club and squad that he knows, so it's probably a moot point really. I'm happy that Grimsby are back though, was a shame to see them in the Conference.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727

12 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

I can't see Hurst coming to us, surely he'd be better off with a club and squad that he knows, so it's probably a moot point really. I'm happy that Grimsby are back though, was a shame to see them in the Conference.

why would he stay at a club were the fans have been slagging him off for ages.

And also bein giving his family abuse his family clearly are not happy anymore and he is clearly upset.

And after the final the way he had a pop at the fans tells me he may be well on his way 

if I was a manager and fans was slagging me off and my family I'd move also despite how bad we are run we still have more chance then Grimsby do.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179

12 hours ago, DangerousSausage said: I can't see Hurst coming to us, surely he'd be better off with a club and squad that he knows, so it's probably a moot point really. I'm happy that Grimsby are back though, was a shame to see them in the Conference.

why would he stay at a club were the fans have been slagging him off for ages.

And also bein giving his family abuse his family clearly are not happy anymore and he is clearly upset.

And after the final the way he had a pop at the fans tells me he may be well on his way 

if I was a manager and fans was slagging me off and my family I'd move also despite how bad we are run we still have more chance then Grimsby do.

Look at bristol rovers this year!

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

yea they have a solid team cash to burn new owners ? 

but did half of there fans slag Clarke off ?

Did the fans hurl abuse at his family?

Did they have a huge banner on the motorway sayin Clarke out like they did at Grimsby when Braintree beat em?

Thats the difference Clarke is happy hurst has been receiving abuse of the fans not just this season but for a while 

the way I see hursts descion will be based on key factors such as is his family happy to stay after the abuse or slagging they have took?

Also will he be happy to stay after they wanted him gone not long ago.

Also we do have better facilities then Grimsby a better history heritage.

Even chris wilder said our players have been badly miss managed an I agree with him.

I think if we get a decent manager in who can work his majic we can challenge this league is nothin special nor are the teams in it.

they also reckon hurst was spotted in Nottingham to not sayin its a fact but if he was he's clearly Consdering it.

As he also stated he is deciding on his options does he stay and allow his family to get more slated or does he move we haven't got the worse team in the league.

We deffo need to fix the defensive side tho for sure 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Right now Notts are one of the worst run clubs in the football league. Under a transfer embargo. An owner who gives all the signs of not caring any longer. We have no idea what the budget will be for next season. I'm very worried. Unless there's a takeover or a change in the current owner's attitude, we will be fighting relegation next season. 

3 minutes ago, Dripsey3 said:

Right now Notts are one of the worst run clubs in the football league. Under a transfer embargo. An owner who gives all the signs of not caring any longer. We have no idea what the budget will be for next season. I'm very worried. Unless there's a takeover or a change in the current owner's attitude, we will be fighting relegation next season. 

if we get a manager who can spot the obvious and change one or two we can chance I mean all we need is a solid back four that a must.

Even if it means half the budget the back four is a essential keep Stan Curtis an wes in the middle.

Id like to see Snidjers more now week in week out I'd realese holis Burke de silva an Campbell maybe to light for me.

id realese a lot of em and if we get hurst maybe he knows a few cheap non league gems we just need someone who can build a team 

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

I remember the old Championship Manager games had a list of expectations that they'd give their manager at the start of each season - one of these was "battle bravely against relegation" .

If things persist as they are at Notts, with an owner who appears to have lost interest in the club but is not willing to sell until the right price is met, who has spoken of multiple consortia keen on buying the club before news of any takeover vanishes completely for weeks on end, and a working environment for players and managers so toxic that they are willing to drop down into non-league for the sake of stability and those who remain go through the motions... we won't battle bravely against relegation, we will surrender ourselves to it like Aston Villa the season just gone.

Interestingly, aren't the circumstances behind the scenes at Aston Villa rather similar to those at Meadow Lane?

Archived