The Chief Executive speaks again

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Our Chief Exec has released another statement. As well as confirming that the transfer embargo has been lifted, he also tells us that we've withdrawn from the development league and will instead arrange regular friendlies, and that season ticket sales are currently just shy of 2000.

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/chief-executive-update-3136731.aspx?platform=hootsuite

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

I see we have done a Romans on the development league: We came, we saw, we conquered, we went home again.

I suppose it fulfilled its purpose for a season regarding the size of our squad, but it did prove to be a good stepping stone for Wildin, Gibson and McMillan, so in some ways it is disappointing. Like Richards last season I would like to see Wildin and McMillan sent out on long term loans in order to give them the experience needed as I don't think that friendlies will have enough of a competitive edge and won't prepare them. Gibson I hope, will be knocking on the door of the 1st XI, but if not he too will need to go on loan.

At least the club have listened and are now trying to communicate better and that is welcomed by me, the new CEO appears to have a bit of an idea, unlike the hermit that was doing the job last season!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

9 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

At least the club have listened and are now trying to communicate better and that is welcomed by me, the new CEO appears to have a bit of an idea, unlike the hermit that was doing the job last season!

My thoughts exactly. Well written and conveying key information to the supporters, well done Jason Turner. 

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

Wes Atkinson and Hollis have agreed to sign the contracts offered to them, hopefully Hollis can go back to the player he was at the start of the 2014-15 season..  

And "we hope to be in a position to announce our first new signings for the coming season next week" - hopefully we can get some decent players in and build a squad thay wants to play for Notts has passion and quality. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

A little disappointed to see that we have withdrawn from the reserve league, as we did well and it seems to have more merit than playing 'friendlies' against teams which may be better but ultimately hold no real purpose (bar improving players).

I'm sure both have their pros and cons but for me being in a league - will reveal more about where players are at because you have something to compare with.

It's good to see information like this coming out of the club, I'm sure people will acknowledge the silent era helped nobody.

Now I'm off to get my eyes back to normal, spending that long reading the OS always sends my eyes funny. :P

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

6 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

My thoughts exactly. Well written and conveying key information to the supporters, well done Jason Turner. 

its not that good, it took him almost a week to say that the bill had been paid and the embargo lifted. hardly breaking news is it?

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Good Statement From the CEO, I think we`d listen to him a lot more than Rodders. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

On 07/06/2016 at 19:37, liampie said:

its not that good, it took him almost a week to say that the bill had been paid and the embargo lifted. hardly breaking news is it?

Then you knew Hollis and Atkinson had signed their deals? Or the numbers for the season ticket sales, or the plans for the reserves?

I didn't. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

On 09/06/2016 at 10:39, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Then you knew Hollis and Atkinson had signed their deals? Or the numbers for the season ticket sales, or the plans for the reserves?

I didn't. 

do we not have a media department for those matters? does the club have to par him up after a terrible first statement?

Archived