Windows 10

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have to say, I am very impressed with Windows 10 - it feels like everything Windows 8.0 and 8.1 should have been in the first place.

My laptop recently got stuck for an unknown reason on a blue screen loop, I'm pretty good at fixing things but this had me stumped and I couldn't boot or load the bio screen. Fearing I had lost a lot of important data, I decided to try upgrading - as I had read that you can upgrade without losing data.

Since upgrading everything is fine, much faster than Windows 8.1 (no annoying charms).

Applications feel smoother, I like the notification system and general look of the system. It seems much more modern, now I am expecting others to say they dislike it (basically because it is different) but hey, it brings back the best of XP, Vista and Windows 7 without the annoyances that each of those had. I am very impressed!

Anyone else upgraded or using Windows 10?

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

Yes, been using it since it has been released and find it much easier to use than the stupid tile system in Windows 8 that I had to install classic shell onto in order to make it work for me. The Windows 8/10 situation reminds me so much of the Vista/Windows 7 releases. Vista was a bloated abomination, so they took its best bits and created a streamlined Windows 7. I still like Windows 7, it is now looking dated, but many people find it much easier to use as it is still similar to all previous Windows. Windows 8 did away with the start menu which confused everyone and whilst that was partially brought back in 8.1, they now seem to have a much better balance with 10.

Windows 10 still has issues, my wife's laptop suddenly started to run at 100% disk activity making it unusable (not a virus), so I had to blitz it, re install from scratch and I have also found that there is very high traffic over the Internet which makes it unusable when tethering, or using a mifi device as it eats into your data allowance.

i will also add that I have it installed on my Windows tablet and that makes it very nice to use for general stuff, but still not as easy as using an Android tablet, but more professional, behind IOS in my opinion and the Windows store is still struggling which Microsoft should address and plough money into.

So you could say that all in all, I'm very happy with it as an OS, but it's still not as nice as using my Mac! 👍😀

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

i have not used it yet, i only really use my phone or tablet both of which are running android.

im thinking about purchasing a windows 10 laptop in the near future, so i will find peoples feedback useful for deciding if i go ahead with that or look for a prior version. i dont like windows 8.1, my friends laptop always seemed annoying which ran that.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I still use Windows 7 at work as there are compatibility issues with anything newer. My old home PC is still creaking along with Vista (plus an abortive attempt at replacing it with Ubuntu)!

Windows 10 does look snazzy though, and it seems to work well. Will be having it with my next computer.

I can't say I have noticed large data usage here, however I have Kaspersky monitoring what can be used - when and where, plus via what connection.

I really like the smoothness of everything, on Windows 8.1 applications from the store took a time to load - now they're much more prompt and a matter of seconds (rather than a minute +) My laptop has 8gb of ram, so it always annoyed me to see things so slow but Windows 10 feels very productive to use.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

Have been using Windows 10 since it came out (give or take) and it's miles better than Windows 8, but it could hardly have been worse. The free upgrade from Win7/Win8 to Windows 10 was good as well.

I took advantage of this offer when I was buying my wife a new laptop. They wanted another £100 for it to come pre-installed with Windows 10, otherwise it would be blank. So I bought Windows 7 for £12, installed the drivers myself and then got a free upgrade to Windows 10 :lol::lol:

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Bring back XP!! Seriously 10 is much better than 8 which may have been even worse than vista

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, ivansneck said:

Bring back XP!! Seriously 10 is much better than 8 which may have been even worse than vista

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XP had some very serious flaws, the system could quite easily be hacked and viruses could just as quietly hide within the system - but aside from many things like that, it was much better than Vista which fixed the problems but became a resource hog (among other things).

Windows 8/8.1 for me was worse than Vista and the 2000 version which really was 98 with a few minor tweaks.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

Windows 2000 was based on NT 4.0 Workstation, not Windows 98, it was Windows ME that was based on 98 and that was another abomination! XP basically superseded both 2000 and ME and became the replacement for both and I still think it was the best GUI OS that Microsoft has ever produced.

Archived