Match Discussion: Game 2 - Stevenage (H)

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Tomorrow, Notts must play to win and put together a performance which impresses the home crowd - our season needs kick starting.

If we played to our potential, created chances and took the good opportunities which are presented, Notts should win in my opinion. However, I feel Stevenage will play on our weakness and I don't think we'll out match them. I'm more thinking of a narrow 1-0 win but overall a good performance. Fingers crossed the stands can play their part in creating atmosphere.

What do you think the score will be? Your team to start? COYP!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  57
  • Days Won:  0

I hope you are right, i feel 3 point coming with oliver scoring and a penalty to us with o connor scoring! COYP!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

I think they will be quite rough and dirty but we will win comfortably 3-0 with O'Connor being the stand out player and the fans falling in love with him

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Collin, Tootle, Hollis, Duffy, Dickinson, Smith, OConnor, rodman, Aborah, Forte, Oliver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collin, Tootle, Hollis, Duffy, Dickinson, Smith, OConnor, rodman, Aborah, Forte, Oliver

Im abit confused as to where you would play everyone, im assuming rodman as CM with smith and O'con

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

2-0 win in front of 3700, including 123 from Stevensge, Coyp

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

2 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

I think they will be quite rough and dirty but we will win comfortably 3-0 with O'Connor being the stand out player and the fans falling in love with him

and we will lose, watch! same old sorrow :( 

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Collin, Tootle, Hollis, Duffy, Dickinson, Smith, OConnor, rodman, Aborah, Forte, OliverSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im abit confused as to where you would play everyone, im assuming rodman as CM with smith and O'con

Yes, Tootle at RB

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

@ohstanleyaborah there's a formation I used to use on fifa called 4-2-2-2, maybe he's using that..😉

I keep seeing clean sheets bwing thrown around but I still think the defence is the weak link and I'm gonna go with 3-1 Notts..

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

Heading off to the Lane shortly. Looking forward to the match but nervous also. Hopefully no repeat of the first home match last season when Notts were outplayed and out fought. In JS and his team we trust.

#COYP

#SuperNotts

@ohstanleyaborah there's a formation I used to use on fifa called 4-2-2-2, maybe he's using that..😉

I keep seeing clean sheets bwing thrown around but I still think the defence is the weak link and I'm gonna go with 3-1 Notts..

Im familiar with Fifa formations 😉 but aborah would he less than useless on the wing 😂

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Not a good feeling about this game, Stevenage are the sort of physical team we always seem to struggle against.  Hope I'm wrong, but my prediction is a 0-1 defeat.

Notts are very disjointed, the defending leading to their goal so far was very poor. You can't sit off 'em, then tap the ball off them - you need to be stronger and clear the ball.

I can't see us scoring as we are now, we are inviting them to play.

40257d78dc11ead2d7534a9010513ea4.jpg

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Couldn't manage the 2 goals needed to win a game. Defence has to be sorted.

I thought we grew into the game in the first half and went into half time as the better team, the second half was just dire, their players diving and sitting on the floor wasting time, the ref didnt help things either but we have got to be better

Not a good match to watch, and not helped by the referee  who seemed to make some strange decisions. JS was saying the right things after, but he will have his work cut out to improve some players' performances.

I don't think Notts can improve with Hollis in defence, has his game improved overall in the last two or three seasons? So can he help Notts improve in the next few games? 

Rodman had some bright moments in the first half, but at times it was frustrating watching him jog forwards and not move into space, and that could be said of a few of the Notts players. 

Like last season I was watching for long periods the away team play with more intensity than Notts.

The service to the strikers needs to be improved as whoever is up front is going to struggle with the kind of passes they were receiving.

Having said all that I'll be there Tuesday hoping that JS can get the best out of the players.

COYP.

4 hours ago, notts-joe said:

Notts are very disjointed, the defending leading to their goal so far was very poor. You can't sit off 'em, then tap the ball off them - you need to be stronger and clear the ball.

I can't see us scoring as we are now, we are inviting them to play.

40257d78dc11ead2d7534a9010513ea4.jpg

Good point @notts-joe Notts always seem to start matches inviting the other team to play, rather than trying to impose themselves.

Notts did well just before scoring and up-to the end of the first half, second we looked the same team that struggled in the opening minutes of the first half.

No width shown by Notts during the game, everything was through the middle. I was sick of stating when we used the flanks too much, yet I think this year we will be stressing to play it there more. Why can't we knock the ball around and exploit the pitch? It seems we can only use one or the other. Today we could have done with pace and quick wingers, yet a very good option just remained on the bench.

Same old Notts as always huh?

Archived