Montel Gibson loaned out

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Roms are ready, few mins to kick off here @NorthwichVicsFC , Roms give debut to @Official_NCFC star Montel Gibson!! UTR

Pity Notts County Media department are asleep / on holiday / couldnt give a damn :D

Montel Gibson was sent off for 2 yellow cards

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,004
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'll say it now, i think the same thing as Colby Bishop will happen to Montel Gibson.

How we develop youngsters is quite good, but the progress away from that and to how we incorporate them into the first place is very poor. As a club we don't know what to do with them and for me, I always think allowing them to gain experience (unless they can make the team) makes the most sense. I do feel we'll miss the boat with Montel but he's a decent lad who shows some great prospect.

Shame about his début really though.

@notts-joe Do I recall correctly we are no longer fielding a team in the Final Third Development League this season? The career progression for the youngsters suddenly becomes halted unless they are loaned out for regular competitive football. I dont want to pay money to see Notts with the likes of Smith on the bench. For the first time in donkeys years, we have some good talent coming through. Stifling their career progression will not help Notts in the future. Prely based on the performances so far, I would rather have Montel Gibson on the bench than Oliver. A key impression so far this season is that we dont have any real pace in the side. Some younger legs may help address the balance

@Piethagoram we have gone back to play local teams, I do not know how regularly these happen but I do think it's disappointing.

I would love to see our bench packaged with the home grown talent we produce but I don't see it happening, I really don't think we are prepared enough to take youngsters to the next step. Loaning them out makes sense but we are very slow to even do that, plus I have always said we should be working with clubs in the highest division beneath ours. I'd also like to see Curtis Thompson playing, he would be one player that is certain to guide and mentor a youngster.

He's been there, and although his performances dipped after injury - he is another player we should be pushing.

@notts-joe The Final Third Development League gave really competitive games in general. Perhaps @erindoors could enlighten us whether it was a purely financial decision to withdraw. I try to tend to look at things from a strategic viewpoint. We have some quality youngsters coming though, which were offered their first time contracts. I fear come this time next year, how many of those will still be at Notts. Yes, it's a big step up and many youngsters think they have made it by getting their first contract. I will watch Luther's and Jordan's career progression with interest..but fear the worst in terms of their Notts career, even at this early stage

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Montel was sent off for 2 yellow cards. Romulus came back from 1-0 down to win 2-1. Winner came in the 93rd minute. 

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/notts-county-yohan-rutty-smith-montel-gibson-3257131.aspx

Taken at face value, it's not the Media's department fault in a round about way. I am however unconvinced. I don't like to criticise Notts unjustly, but certainly the Media Department's actions / inactions this season leave a lot to be desired in professional integrity.

@Piethagoram I know, I hope the club realises that some fans don't speak out against them for the sake of it - although it would seem certain people think this.

It could be worse, I can tell you Villa's is shocking! They write small snippets about their signings and majority of news I have read, no interviews or quotes in a lot of their major signings (now I don't know if these come after) - but it makes no sense if that is the case. First thing you post should give the fans as much information as possible.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

The Red Rag also as they are supposed to be professionals. Why do they fail to ask the questions us fans want to know? How come they didn't cover it?

• Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

I really fear for Montel, he was so good in the youth leagues and the reserves last year but i feel like he wont ever be given a chance, under cooper he looked raw but always looking to run in behind the defence, with the likes of Oliver, stead and izale not having much pace and Campbell not having a strikers instinct it would be the perfect chance to give Gibson a go!

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I'm not sure if he is cleared to play in the FA Cup but Romulus are away to Hereford in the next round. Hereford have average crowds of 2.5K. I should say the re-formed Hereford, the original version went bust. 

• 1 month later...

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/montel-gibson-notts-county-barwell-3350232.aspx

Losing confidence at Notts's ability to place a player at a higher level on the pyramid

• Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

He did get MOTM yesterday but i must agree, we should be loaning players to the national league, not 2+ levels down where its like Sunday league

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

I bet you would find a lot of 18 year olds playing at a higher standard of non league than level 7 on the pyramid, so I am not really sure what the point is? Ok, it is one division higher than his last spell, but unless he manages to get a move to a National, or top National North side before the end of the season, I can see him being let go and that is the same for McMillan and Wildin as well. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i just hope it helps him to find confidence to push for our first team. if he has the right mentality this wont be a set back. not playing would be worse.

Archived