Notts County CEO Updates - 19 August 2016

Joe Jones

Notts County have published their periodic piece where CEO Jason Turner discusses a number of points at the club, including the results so far, incoming and outgoing players, where the team will train this season, the reserve team, shirts on sale in the club shop and much more.

You can read it here: http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/jason-turner-notts-county-3259402.aspx

So... what do you think about what he has to say? Let PON know!

Given when the fixtures were announced, it has taken so long for us to wait for "The bring a friend" promotion? Surely this could have been offered for the Plymouth game, given that generally in August with people on holiday, to try to get "new" people in to experience Meadow Lane early, would seem to make good sense. I have expressed before my reservations over the awkwardness of managing such a scheme in time and administration costs. I hope the club would rethink and bring back The Bench initiative with the programme offer included, for next season

As an update, I felt much of the content could have been said awhile back.

I have to be honest, I don't actually feel any value or worth from reading it. Not that I don't appreciate the time taken to inform us - I do, but I'm not sure talking about the shirts for example changes anything, some of which is being repeated (trying to get it sorted for next year etc).

I do appreciate these offers, but what irritates me is the way the club then makes people jump through hoops in order to take advantage of them. This happens with other cheap ticket offers too, and the upshot is that fewer people come, we have more empty seats and miss out on the opportunity to gain new fans.

If we sold out several times a season, it would make sense to name only a few less well-attended matches. But we have 16,000 empty seats, so it doesn't. People are not going to end up being locked out of the ground because of all the people with free tickets descending on us.

*As a footnote to the terms and conditions for the free tickets, the 'friend' must not live within1862m of the season ticket holder, unless they live outside the city boundary. In which case special provision applies whereby the friend must produce three forms of I.D showing their current address. This must be presented at the ground on the Tuesday or Wednesday before the Saturday of the home match before the match to which the offer applies. 

**If the 'friend' does live within1862m of the season ticket holder but has not attended a Notts match for the four seasons prior to the current season, for whatever reason including but not limited to 'Notts have not performed well at home in that time' then if the friend produces an affidavit to that effect witnessed by any staff member (excluding temporary staff) then the previous paragraph does not apply, and the friend may just buy his ticket at any time prior to the special offer match, up to 2pm, or 3pm if the ground is not full.

Your statutory rights are not affected.

*As a footnote to the terms and conditions for the free tickets, the 'friend' must not live within1862m of the season ticket holder, unless they live outside the city boundary. In which case special provision applies whereby the friend must produce three forms of I.D showing their current address. This must be presented at the ground on the Tuesday or Wednesday before the Saturday of the home match before the match to which the offer applies. 

**If the 'friend' does live within1862m of the season ticket holder but has not attended a Notts match for the four seasons prior to the current season, for whatever reason including but not limited to 'Notts have not performed well at home in that time' then if the friend produces an affidavit to that effect witnessed by any staff member (excluding temporary staff) then the previous paragraph does not apply, and the friend may just buy his ticket at any time prior to the special offer match, up to 2pm, or 3pm if the ground is not full.

Your statutory rights are not affected.

That's a joke, what a poor offer in truth.

Archived