Notts players that didnt make the bench v Grimsby

Piethagoram

Burke seems to be impressing during the development games, yet struggles to bring this attitude to the first team.

More will be known once we settle, hopefully by which stage the defence will have improved and this will allow players like Burke and Aborah to feature more. This said I have never been a fan of Wes Atkinson, he just seems awkward to watch.

thoughts of Leigh Curtis.... I wouldn't have been surprised if he had let Hewitt go as he's not even made the bench for the league games and Audel has got the nod ahead of him if Tootle has been moved to midfield. Wes Atkinson may have been another because he hasn't been involved too heavily either. But I am only speculating.

Snijders is a strange one. Seems to do well when called into the first team, but still only happens rarely. A succession of managers haven't rated him at all. Odd really.

Things don't look good for Hewitt and Burke as both have had their chance in the first team. Time will tell whether they'll be given a chance to develop further and try to get back into contention, or whether they'll just be shunted towards the exit door.

@DangerousSausage Still have nightmares over Hewitt's performance at Portsmouth, To strengthen the team , I wouldnt be surprised come January that Hewitt Burke Atkinson and even Hollis have been moved on, with proviso of a good central defender coming in. Snijders may also be deemed surplus which will be a shame, as he does have a goal in him and should be challenging Rodman 

6 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

@DangerousSausage Still have nightmares over Hewitt's performance at Portsmouth, To strengthen the team , I wouldnt be surprised come January that Hewitt Burke Atkinson and even Hollis have been moved on, with proviso of a good central defender coming in. Snijders may also be deemed surplus which will be a shame, as he does have a goal in him and should be challenging Rodman 

Couldn't agree more regarding those four. Hewitt has been a liability and I don't know how Colchester fans rated him when they had him on loan. Atkinson and Hollis both got a get out of jail for free card when Branston gave them another year and whilst Burke does have ability, he is just too lazy.

Snijders will also go sometime this season, which would be a shame as he is a decent winger who can shoot and cross, but he is probably just too nice a guy and a bit soft.

I noticed that after the three substitutions on Saturday, only Audel was on the pitch from last years squad, now there is testament to last seasons recruitment policy!

Archived