Thank you, Mr Hardy, but whoa

sidthekid

It was because the Trews had stripped NCFC of its supporting structures (youth teams, a proper board, decent scouting system, etc) that John Sheridan never really stood a chance. Now watch him take the beast by the throat and turn Oldham round.

In the light of which, full marks to AH for recognising that building a new framework needed to be high up the agenda. But at the very top of that agenda must be selecting the right manager. I just can't help feeling that, given the possibilities of someone like Mark Robins or even Justin Edinburgh, it was a mistake to take a punt at an untried candidate. Hoping that Nolan's combative reputation on the field of play will turn him into a feisty successful manager is a bit of a desperate gamble. What will AH do if Nolan's first 6 games yield less than 6 points? Notts need to win 10 of their remaining games to be safe and secure.    

Number 2 on the agenda was bringing in new blood. Instead of which, AH is banking on Nolan vastly improving the present stock. It won't happen. They are bankrupt. Their confidence is in shreds. I'm sure they've been shouted at, had an arm round their collective shoulder, been tactic talked to death. Mansfield will decimate the stock so AH had better get that embargo lifted yesterday or Notts are dead ducks. 

It's a brilliant legacy that Alan Hardy has inherited, I'm surprised people can't see how similar it is to the Munto/Trew takeover. I actually think this time its worse because the club should have been operating under better conditions but this certainly hasn't been the case.

I read yesterday, Notts was losing something like 1.7m a year.

That's an insane figure.

Without knowing the ins and outs of the financials, it appears to be a worse legacy because the current team is so bad. It's easer to turn a club around off the pitch when the team is playing well and drawing good crowds.

Alan Hardy has clearly judged Nolan as a person rather than his CV. It's a risky move and I hope it pays off. In a way it reminds me of when Derry took the reigns from Kiwomya when we were looking doomed. The impact wasn't immediate but as he got to know the players and decided on his best team he did turn us around that season. Like Derry, Nolan is a former top-flight player renowned for his leadership qualities.

I read somewhere that Notts have conceded 131 goals over last season and a half. Knowing how football works, that'll probably mean a clean sheet on Saturday B)

Like you say @notts-joe , similarities to munto debacle , but that was pure trickery and lies , why are we in such a mess this time ?? The questions could be endless , for me as long as AH is ok with this inheritance and can sort it out in time , then I want to look forward and hope for a better future during his stewardship . COYP

10 hours ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

Like you say @notts-joe , similarities to munto debacle , but that was pure trickery and lies , why are we in such a mess this time ?? The questions could be endless , for me as long as AH is ok with this inheritance and can sort it out in time , then I want to look forward and hope for a better future during his stewardship . COYP

'trickery and lies' my good man, you said it.

The answers are endless, even if you accepted all the things said at face value. AH is a breath of fresh air, his passion shines from the way he composes himself. Will it be plain sailing? I doubt. Will he make mistakes, don't we all? BUT provided he values opinions, doesn't spin opinions or try to argue with people (especially when posts are months old), call people out on Twitter, play childish games elsewhere or try to pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

By my book, he will do alright.

We can only truly move forward when we know the direction in which we want to go, I think this become lost in translation in the prior era for one reason or another.

Now the PON bar is open, all drinks are on me?!?! Who wants something? :angel:

On 13/01/2017 at 11:29, sidthekid said:

It was because the Trews had stripped NCFC of its supporting structures (youth teams, a proper board, decent scouting system, etc) that John Sheridan never really stood a chance. Now watch him take the beast by the throat and turn Oldham round.

i thought the youth team and proper board was absent before the trews.

the youth system was abandoned via the trust no? the board has dwindled over a period of time, has notts ever had a proper board?

to my knowledge only the reserve team suffered last year, scrapping that seemed silly but if we was losing 1.7m it would make sense. i think john sheridan became a victim of negative happenings, the takeover and rest just hinder him in my opinion.

Archived