Will The Changes Make Any Difference

4everapie

Kevin Nolan reckons we have the players to get us out of this mess, can he get the best out of these dedbeats. He also said the same players was only a couple of points away from 3rd place. Lets see how they react tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can't believe we were 6th from top, there was me walking round Gran Canaria pleased as punch, shocked as well that we'd beat Portsmouth 2-1 at Fratton Park, then Jon Stead won Player of the Month award (The Curse) gotta be hasn't it. Then it all went downhill so quick. 

we have to give it a few games before we will know for sure but it seems a good start.

grimsby will be a tough game but they are not unbeatable. if we can grind some results whilst we do improve i think things will continue to change but i do think we as fans need to put  a positive spin on things.

As I suggested before on here, the squad has a foundation which did okay with John Sheridan before all the panic set in and then the 10 defeats in a row came. If we think about it, had some of these results been different - we might not have slumped so much. Its been a cruel turn of form, and although I think the majority of on the field matters fall onto the players shoulders - they're only human.

The defence should be able to further improve, it's actually the basics which punish us.

So we are talking marking, positioning, focus and effort. Once we concede, we have lost that belief that we can get back into games. How many times before when we went a goal down did we respond and play better? Even if it was only for a short period.

Kevin Nolan needs to continue with the progression, together we can make a difference and if the embargo is lifted this can be our reinforcement.

We mustn't gloss over that our defence still wasn't perfect last Saturday and were fortunate that Mansfield failed to capitalise on their chances.

It's at the other end of the pitch, problems are just as acute. We are rarely in a position of creativity where the opposition have to think how to defend. What this means in practice, is that it makes it easier for the opposition to push forward without fear as we have no real pace on the counter.

Archived