Forest takeover has fallen through

Northants Pie

As the title says the Forest takeover has fallen through, I really hope they do find a buyer as I want to be playing them in a couple of years.

We've been where they are too many times in the past and its not a good place to be, most of there fans helped us out when we desperately needed it a few years ago and I'd like to think that we would do the same if their situation needed it.

One big plus for us though, looking around on the various social media platforms it seems that a lot of their fans are coming down to the lane today and possibly in future as they would rather give us their money than Fawaz.

I love having a bit of banter with Forest (strange ladies aside), however I do feel sorry for them and I do know that there was a fairly decent portion that rallied around us when we've been in trouble. The rivalry shouldn't ever be anything more than banter, so for this reason I really don't like gloating or commenting on their takeover in a negative way. Yet, I am pleased it wasn't the con man or the US guy because both seemed a misfit match.

Hopefully Forest have a fan who has deep pockets and can take them on.

Regarding Alan Hardy, I love the fact he's throwing these special offers out there. I think it will make a huge impact and hopefully they continue, the buzz alone will drive people forward and hopefully the results will follow after.

It's the disasterous result of allowing ownership of 'clubs' by one person. It's too much of a lottery. A club means a lot to the fans and it shouldn't be destroyed by one appalling owner.

Of course I want Notts to be higher than Forest, but there's no way i want to see a long-standing club smashed to pieces. Best of luck to their fans who have suffered a lot of "£$%** recently.

Archived