• Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,782

Collin 5.5 more assertive but could do little about the goals

Tootle 3.5 if in doubt kick it out. I would rather have Wildin in his position

Dicko 3.5 we really struggle with his lack of pace. I hark back to Sheehan, for ability to deliver a decent cross. Defensively suspect.

Duffy 3.5 soft clearance led to their attack for the 1st goal. Did OK but again it was HIS mistake initially. Missed free header 2nd half despite clear view of the ball, ended up in side netting

Audel 6 MoTM did relatively well to cope with Bogle

Milsom 3.5 Too lethargic, distribution not creative enough. Subbed at h/t, injury?

O'Connor 4 another game, another "ordinary" performance. For a player other clubs were interested in last summer, his performances just seem like "just turn up and play". I was wanting to see his quality passing but always feel let down. Why?

Curtis 5.5 Much better 2nd half when moved into centre. Effective in tackling but still not creative enough

Campbell 4 looks destined for a Conference career, as is most of our team. 2nd touch and lay offs gifting possession.

Forte 4 Clattered in first half. Both strikers lack of pace concerning.

Stead 3.5 offered nothing.

Subs

Osborne 5 at least one can see some skill in this lad. More a learning experience but at least shows some signs that he can develop

Gibson 3.5 surprised to see him appear, as his performance in the Reserves, did nothing to warrant his first team inclusion. Ineffective in a word.

Stanley 5.5 too little too late. A brilliant piece of close control on edge of the area, drew the foul. Nicely clipped freekick into top corner drew a great save from their keeper. The fact that his freekick was on target, O'Connor please note.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

it sounded like stead lacking fitness again, tho reading comments online between fans. there is the crap group and the oh he scored this amount.

really he needs support. @Elite_pie did you go?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

1 hour ago, liampie said:

@Elite_pie did you go?

No, I'm afraid that away games are a rarity for me nowadays, I've only managed Mansfield so far.  Regarding the ratings, there does seem to be a shift in the marks of Leigh Curtis.  Usually a 6 is his lowest mark, for the Grimsby game a 6 was his highest, even though I suspect we were no worse than we've been in several games this season.  Maybe he's taking notice of the stick he gets for his ratings on messageboards?

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Obviously I wasn't there so please take my comments with a pinch of salt. But it sounds to me like Stead has been rushed back into the side too early because we'd stopped scoring without him.

Oh, and Forte is not a winger. Being a good winger is about more than just running fast. Either play him up front or put him on the bench. If we had proper wingers instead of out-of-form strikers/CMs in that position that might help us perhaps create a chance or two.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,782

Interesting reading the post's on t'other board, seems like I am not the only one who thinks Aborah should start ahead of O'Connor. 

The real issue is our Squad is top heavy with central midfielders at the expense of quality wingers.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Can we find a place for Aborah?

It's amusing how he's wanted, then isn't - good enough but then labelled rubbish (no digs to anyone). I think @Piethagoram is right that we should try to find him a starting place because he offers that extra quality going forward but we need a runner alongside him (Curtis Thompson?) and someone who can actually defend along side our back line. Though O'Connor probably wouldn't be dropped due to being the captain and the bonuses he earns because of this.

In the past the club hasn't been very eager to change. Though I am not sure he's the right person to lead the team, I'd give it Stead.

Archived