Alan Hardy confirms Notts County season ticket renewal price freeze until April 30

Joe Jones

Alan Hardy confirmed on Tuesday that Notts County season ticket renewals would be frozen in price until April 30.

This decision has polarised supporters - some applauded Alan Hardy for keeping his word on incentives for existing ST holders, while others complained about the ensuing price increase (which he also confirmed on Twitter), or the deadline being too soon.

Let's put it out to you guys - what do you think?

Personally I feel a season ticket is an excellent way to support your club , and a great way to see football cheaper , as for the timing of the cut off date I can see how that could put a spanner in the works so to speak , imagine if come Newport on May  6th our league 2 status isn't decided ect ect , but for those who maybe think a price reduction was on the cards I'll ask the question how much would be seen as a good gesture £'s wise ? Surely the offer on the table is reasonable,  and sensible from a business point of view .

The clubs needs to prepare to give fans time, not spring high costs up - considering the gate fees have fallen, I can understand why people are unhappy. Zebra Finance (or similar) would help. Yet it would be nice to see more fans in attendance, cheaper tickets all round will do this.

It's good to see us moving forward and issuing things out earlier, yet this seems very rushed.

7 hours ago, Joe Jones said:

Alan Hardy confirmed on Tuesday that Notts County season ticket renewals would be frozen in price until April 30.

This decision has polarised supporters - some applauded Alan Hardy for keeping his word on incentives for existing ST holders, while others complained about the ensuing price increase (which he also confirmed on Twitter), or the deadline being too soon.

Let's put it out to you guys - what do you think?

I'm in two minds over this - I think the price freeze (especially at last season's early bird prices) is a pretty reasonable offer, but why not keep it going another week until the season is over?  If the unthinkable happens and we go to Newport on the 6th May unsure of league status, people won't know whether they are paying for a season of League 2 or Conference football.  Also, after his tweets about "10,000 average gate" and "rewarding ST holders" recently, what is really a decent offer will be seen by many as an anti-climax.  I'll be renewing whatever, but I'll repeat my earlier moan on another thread as to why this has been announced on Twitter with not a word on the official site?

All this will probably blow over, however I hope Alan Hardy realises that not everyone who expresses disappointment is trying to be negative - likewise you can't expect everyone to be thrilled with things.

It would seem the e-mail sent promising value to current season ticket holders was nothing more than cleverly worded.

That seems very harsh and unfair, whilst I won't let any of this prevent me from renewing. I don't understand why there's such a rush to get people on-board, it's quite expensive and for families its quite hard. I'm sure it will be for others, such as those on low income etc. For me, I save for my families holiday and currently there is things repeatedly cropping up which reduces what we have saved. I'd rather enjoy time with all of my family than to pay for my ST, however I will try to manage both but if I can only do one. Sorry but there's no question which I will choose.

Why can't the offer see-out the season? Once it's finished, then go to the new prices.

I think it's important we have a squad that has quality, a ground which is clean and a service which is good but the 100k fee seems a luxury which will ultimately come from loyal season ticket holders.

dont care where tweets come from really or who writes them, i just want to see more fans at the ground.

i think this a big mistake because quite a few would purchase a st just out of the principle of backing hardy, yet keeping the price high just seems a bit silly considering. i know theres that one fan who said we need to be realistic because some non league club has theirs at 15 pound per game.

tho we have 19,000 stadium which will struggle to see more than 4,000 purchase season tickets. i would guess we have more around 2,000!!

Archived