For once Notts

CliftonMagpie

I would like just one season where the focus on Notts was purely for footballing reasons. I thought after the Trews sold up things may improve which to a point it has, yet the ladies and some of the antics on Twitter just makes me wished Notts could get their priories correct. The promise under Kevin Nolan does look good, yet I just feel Alan Hardy is falling into the traps that the previous regime did.

Am I the only Notts fan who feels this way?

Just one season can we please just focus on the football.

i thought things had improved but even i am getting sick of all the nonsense like the ladies team, i wish it would blow over but ah seems intent on bringing up at every given opportunity. not sure what he is thinking but a season of just football as the focus would be nice!

Hey guys this is Notts County , never easy , always something going on , like above wouldn't it just be brilliant for it to just be about the football , i don't personally blame AH for it dragging on about the ladies and what's happened , seems some have taken it hard and won't agree with the sad economics of it all .The cloud will lift , coyp .

I felt the same last season, I grew tired of the silly politics but to be fair - things right now are okay. The ladies team and fans have every right to feel upset, I'm not sure if its right that they blame Alan Hardy solely but it will blow over. It's interesting to know the ladies dev squad played Arnold after they folded, so I wonder if we will end up re-starting up or if a phoenix lady pies will form.

That said its never trouble free, not at any club, after all this is football.

@Chris Didn't we used to have an affiliation with a ladies side before Lincoln ladies came along? So it would not surprise me if something was to develop in the future as Hardy does coach girls football by the looks of things.

I'm pretty sure that next year will be about football as long as AH takes a bit of a back seat with his social media interests. We have what looks like a decent manager, who will now be really judged on the side he puts together next season and the players released at the end of this. Come August, we should hopefully have an idea as to where we might be heading, hopefully in the right direction!

49 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

@Chris Didn't we used to have an affiliation with a ladies side before Lincoln ladies came along? So it would not surprise me if something was to develop in the future as Hardy does coach girls football by the looks of things.

I'm pretty sure that next year will be about football as long as AH takes a bit of a back seat with his social media interests. We have what looks like a decent manager, who will now be really judged on the side he puts together next season and the players released at the end of this. Come August, we should hopefully have an idea as to where we might be heading, hopefully in the right direction!

I'm pulling my hair out to think of their name, but yes @Fozzy that's correct.

I seem to recall that turning sour, as the former chairman wasn't happy when Ray decided to move Lincoln ladies to Meadow Lane. The other team I believe went on to be a development squad shortly before they reverted back to their old name. Locally they was one of the better lady teams that played at a amateur level.

The teams name escapes me... :(

I just knew when I clicked 'submit reply' and took to asking a friend that the answer would pop up.

The team was called 'Linby' and yes, it caused a lot of trouble but this seems to have escaped the reports about the current dilemma oddly. They seemed at one stage to be delighted with the arrival of the Lincoln players but it soon created issues when most of their players was being pushed out.

The way in which Lincoln ladies were shipped to Nottingham was shameful and so is the manner in which they folded. Leaving players and staff in the lurch like that is disgraceful. Notts have/had four England internationals on board who were supposed to be preparing for Euro 2017!

Clearly running a professional ladies' team took a big chunk out of our budget and didn't pay for itself as was previously claimed. However, with average attendances of 1,100 the projected income of just 28k including sponsorship is a bit hard to believe. But even if you double that figure and include the grant of 70k mentioned elsewhere that would leave a tasty six-figure shortfall. It seems clear that the women's game in this country is still largely an amateur game played before amateur-level crowds. Substantial investment is needed to support a professional team, and that's something a club like ours can't afford in the long run.

All the same, Alan Hardy bought NCL from Ray Trew and took on responsibility for its liabilities. His decision to let it fold has just cost the taxpayer 350,000 pounds. Am I the only one who sees a problem with that?

2 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

All the same, Alan Hardy bought NCL from Ray Trew and took on responsibility for its liabilities. His decision to let it fold has just cost the taxpayer 350,000 pounds. Am I the only one who sees a problem with that?

he unearthed a lot of debt and hidden bills, it would not surprise me one bit if the ladies was one area where this had been a major issue after agreeing to the sale.

i dont think for a second someone would purchase something only to fold it.

there is something which made the decision and the fact that the ladies and mens teams was both running at an incredible loss, well i think we are lucky. ray trew has a lot to answer to! i cant help but feel we are lucky.

Archived