Which Notts players deserve more credit?

Chris

On the back of Kevin Nolan suggesting that Jon Stead doesn't get the 'credit' he deserves, I though I would try to canvas opinions on the issue a little wider (without focusing on just one player all the time).

I'm actually getting fed up of this Jon Stead stuff, as for me he's gotten praise quite rightly so and for the right reasons.

He's performances and efforts have largely increased, I am sure nobody underestimates the contributions Jon has off the ball - he's good at that but until he's first goal in work on the ball wasn't actually desirable and it was hard for me to see why he continued to gain backing (although in the long-term he has improved). For me, it was always like Kevin Nolan felt Jon Stead would leave if he didn't start.

Anywho, I am curious about learning who the fans feel doesn't gain the credit that they deserve! So comment below...

Which Notts players deserve more credit?

Off the bat for me, Adam Collin has improved with every game and I'm sick of hearing 'he only had a couple of shots to save'.

He's largely responsible for the difference within the defence, however much people would like to singling name Richard Duffy as that reason. Adam Collin this season has been more vocal when coming to claim for the ball - he seems confident and actually is more vocal with the players in front of him. His shot-stopping is currently the best I have seen during his time here, whilst every corner he seems able to safety capture it with two hands.

This is one player who doesn't remotely get the praise that he deserves.

Also, Rob Milsom - he's been fantastic since returning from injury but it seems he's being out-shadowed by two loanees and I feel this is unfair. Milsom brings us 'experience' and he's very good at directly the tempo, along with distributing the ball wisely. Defensively he's been massive when actually played and again I feel he's somewhat an sung hero at the minute.

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 13:31, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

but for me it's generally across the squad and in many games thus far it's been good team performances and not individuals that have shone and got the points .

Aye, I agree but I think Kevin Nolan forgets this.

He says virtually every week 'it's a team game'/ 'it's a team performance' and yet he goes on only to praise a select few players. I think its only right we focus on some of the unsung heroes because there's plenty who don't get the credit that they deserve. You Pies!

Kevin has a different set of expectations than we do as fans.

I would agree that Kevin Nolan does tend to focus a select few players, but I do feel that the praise is expressed team wide from the coaching staff. On the point of players who deserve more credit, I would have to agree with @Chris. Adam Collin improves with every game and his confidence must be sky high at the minute, Rob Milsom has been vital to the last three games and has made a big difference since returning.

Terry Hawkridge and Lewis Alessandra are two players I would like to mention.

It's nice to have multiple options on the wing this season but they have largely worked very hard without the deserved praise at times.

Elliot Hewitt is a good call, as is Dan Jones.

Both started off quite shaky at first but have improved over time, I think Elliot just needs to master the basics when playing in midfield. He tries to do a lot more work than he is technically comfortable with but he's adapted fantastically well. I still rate him at right back, and think he can do a job there if we require cover.

The experience from midfield will help.

Dan Jones is just very mobile and offers us more going forward than some fans will ever give him credit for, though I heard comments about him not being a good defender - which he's proving to be incorrect at the moment. Very much unsung heroes these two!

The whole back line deserves credit IMO. Teams are finding it hard to come by chances against us - we looked so comfortable on Tuesday night. We work enormously hard off the ball and that's a team effort.

Jones just had a bad debut but he's picked himself up well. People were questioning why Hewitt was getting selected a few games ago but now it's fairly obvious - he's still a very young player who can improve as he gets matches under his belt.

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 17:30, DangerousSausage said:

Jones just had a bad debut but he's picked himself up well. People were questioning why Hewitt was getting selected a few games ago but now it's fairly obvious - he's still a very young player who can improve as he gets matches under his belt.

I really need to butt out of this, but I think people forget just how badly the whole squad played. I always felt at the time Dan Jones became some sort of scapegoat, as if you look back (especially at the highlights) - you will see several players who do far worse but I won't mention names.

Elliot Hewitt is at the period of his career playing anywhere will teach him something new.

These things are often help a player develop more, I know Curtis Thompson praised playing at right back as being something which helped him. It's just a shame he's injury prone and due to this he lost his place because I think he can be a good player for us.

i said on facebook.

collin no doubt.

i never thought i would say this but hes shown this season that he is good enough. im not sure he has much compitition in truth but fitzsimons seems good enough to keep him on his toes. i think its good to see people finally giving him credit.

12 hours ago, TheFostarr94 said:

Think I cursed Duffy saying this haha.

You know my thoughts on him, and I think it's only a matter of time before others start thinking it.

Come January we need to sign a striker with pace and a CB, the rest for me seems a luxury. I think it will make a big difference to have CB's pushing for first team football, as nobody else seems capable of giving good competition. 

Archived