Should Adam Collin or Ross Fitzsimons be in goal for Notts County?

Joe Jones

Ross Fitzsimons gave a great account of himself in goal for Notts County during Adam Collin's absence but his moment of madness against Crawley Town coincided with Collin's return to fitness.

Fitzy is now back on the bench, with Collin back in between the sticks, but should he be drafted back into the first team?

We want your thoughts!

I'm defo with the 'bring RF back' brigade!

In truth, I've not seen any signs that AC is (yet) 'match fit'. Additionally, I'd imagine, his past few games have been a huge knock to his confidence; so think he needs some time to get fit, rest and watch videos of his performance/s.

I've watched 'that' incident with RF, again and again and I was also there to witness just how much 'stick' he took from their players - everytime theygot nearhim - before it all happened. My 'take' - for what it's worth - is that he's 23 years old. A year ago, he was working on a building site and still 'waiting for the call'. He got the call and got his chance when AC got injured. His hard work took us to the FA Cup...He saved (unsavable) penalties/would-be screamers AND, in truth, just look what's happened to us, since he's been out!

I'm positive that he KNOWS what he did in professional football is unacceptable...and that he'll never find himself in this position again! But I defy ANYONE to stand up, hand-on-heart, and say that they don't remember the one mistake in their own lives, that changed the way they did things...forever!

RF has apologised. It must also have played very heavy on him to have been unable to complete what he started in both the Cup and the League; and I'm sure he's not been sitting on his tush, whilst he's been out.

I suspect he'll be chomping at the bit to show he's learned his lesson; and I'd hate to think that he won't be given his chance again...on Tuesday.

Truth is, WE NEED HIM/HIS SKILLS, right now; and I, for one, look forward to wlecoming him back to the team he helped to the top of the League: with a little prayer too, that he can keep a clean sheet against Carlisle!

Archived