The things you do to watch a match

Supporter+

As I’ve said on here previously I was gutted that I had a pre booked camping event this weekend that just happened to fall the same weekend as Notts were in the playoffs (something I didn’t envisage when I booked the event).

I skipped the evenings entertainment on site and walked one and a half miles in the pouring rain to the pub with a couple of friends (one of whom was a Coventry fan) to watch the match.

We got some good seats in view of a large screen and was pleased to see the match build up being shown, got our drinks in (Doombar before you ask @super_ram ) and settled down to watch the match.

The pub was more like a youth club and was very rowdy being in the centre of town but we had no problems until the 65th minute when the disco started which was just to the side of the huge screen, this made the already noisy pub absolutely deafening with loud music booming out, on top of that the DJ started pumping out smoke and scantily clad teenage girls started dancing in front of the screen which made it rather difficult to concentrate on the match which we could hardly see through the smoke.

Not to be beaten we found another screen in the huge pub and carried on watching the match, on the 80th minute I went to the toilet, when I came back the TV had been turned over to the boxing match and my Coventry supporting mate was frantically trying to ract the Batman’s attention at a crowded bar to get it switched back to football.

Eventually the match came back and we got to watch the end, we managed to fight our way through the dancing girls at the booming disco and got outside to encounter a brawl between youth trying to get in the pub and bouncers on the door. We trudged our way back in the now torrential rain to the campsite along an unlit main road with huge lorries thundering past us walking on the narrow pavement. As if we weren’t wet enough the traffic was splashing through the by now huge puddles and wetting us through even more.

The things you do to watch a match.

Supporter+

Just to correct an auto spell mistake, obviously Batman wasn’t behind the bar but the barman was. :biggrin:

Supporter+
5 minutes ago, Chris said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for being the first person to make me laugh today @Fan of Big Tone - it would be priceless to see a picture of you sat there trying to watch the game with all that going on.

I thought the ref was going to abandon the match because of fog but then realised it was smoke from the DJ’s smoke machine.

You've gotta larf  :joker: 

Just now, Fan of Big Tone said:

I thought the ref was going to abandon the match because of fog but then realised it was smoke from the DJ’s smoke machine.

You've gotta larf  :joker: 

Myself and @UnitedPie thought the pitch looked incredibly dangerous just with the water/rain. :P

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2018 at 07:38, Fan of Big Tone said:

As I’ve said on here previously I was gutted that I had a pre booked camping event this weekend that just happened to fall the same weekend as Notts were in the playoffs (something I didn’t envisage when I booked the event).

I skipped the evenings entertainment on site and walked one and a half miles in the pouring rain to the pub with a couple of friends (one of whom was a Coventry fan) to watch the match.

We got some good seats in view of a large screen and was pleased to see the match build up being shown, got our drinks in (Doombar before you ask @super_ram ) and settled down to watch the match.

The pub was more like a youth club and was very rowdy being in the centre of town but we had no problems until the 65th minute when the disco started which was just to the side of the huge screen, this made the already noisy pub absolutely deafening with loud music booming out, on top of that the DJ started pumping out smoke and scantily clad teenage girls started dancing in front of the screen which made it rather difficult to concentrate on the match which we could hardly see through the smoke.

Not to be beaten we found another screen in the huge pub and carried on watching the match, on the 80th minute I went to the toilet, when I came back the TV had been turned over to the boxing match and my Coventry supporting mate was frantically trying to ract the Batman’s attention at a crowded bar to get it switched back to football.

Eventually the match came back and we got to watch the end, we managed to fight our way through the dancing girls at the booming disco and got outside to encounter a brawl between youth trying to get in the pub and bouncers on the door. We trudged our way back in the now torrential rain to the campsite along an unlit main road with huge lorries thundering past us walking on the narrow pavement. As if we weren’t wet enough the traffic was splashing through the by now huge puddles and wetting us through even more.

The things you do to watch a match.

A bit late with this,I meant to reply when I first read your (very funny for me/frustrating for you) account but how about this for a coincidence-of all the beers available what are the chances that we'd both be drinking  a lesser known brew.Yes I watched the match wihile drinking Doombar.Great minds what!:thumbsup:

Supporter+
4 hours ago, super_ram said:

A bit late with this,I meant to reply when I first read your (very funny for me/frustrating for you) account but how about this for a coincidence-of all the beers available what are the chances that we'd both be drinking  a lesser known brew.Yes I watched the match wihile drinking Doombar.Great minds what!:thumbsup:

That is a coincidence I bet your pint was enjoyed in a bit more of a tranquil environment though. Unless @GrannyPie burnt the dinner and smoke was drifting across the room in front of the screen. :joker:

Supporter+
5 hours ago, UnitedPie said:

@Fan of Big Tone that is pure dedication to County and your team to watch them blimey I don’t think I’ve heard a more dedicated story. But I have to admit I did chuckle a bit. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I have a chuckle about it now @UnitedPie but at the time......... :censored:

Archived