Do we need a new goalkeeper still ?

Magic magpie

I think a stronger keeper is required, someone who can help Fitzsimons further himself and who would be content to sit out games. If we had a stronger rotation in this department we would see further improvements from the defence in my opinion.

In short, yes we need another keeper.

Supporter+

I believe we need another keeper yes, I agree with @Chris that the defence would improve in front of a good strong keeper.

48 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I believe we need another keeper yes, I agree with @Chris that the defence would improve in front of a good strong keeper.

They would be able to work together if a stronger more team leader type goalkeeper was involved instead of one that just seems to be filling the slot for now.

16 hours ago, Magic magpie said:

yeah we do .. because there’s no one to push Fitzsimmons or even help him get better. 

But we need a goal keeper with some leadership skills whomcan organise his defence. 

If you think that then we must really really need a new one 😄

He did show in a few games that he can play better but still not good enough, he also seems to have 80% bad performance rate compared to his 20% good performance and i think i'm being nice with tht percentage.

Fitzsimons Notts man of the match tonight!

Supporter+
1 hour ago, super_ram said:

Fitzsimons Notts man of the match tonight!

Yes indeed, typically just as we’re all saying we need a new goalkeeper he pulls off some fantastic saves to keep us in the match. He was very good tonight and in the first half he actually produced the only “shot” on target when his clearance went straight over everyone and straight to the opposing goalie. The only shot on target in the first half that says a lot about the attacks performance tonight.

5 hours ago, cheeky~k8 said:

If you think that then we must really really need a new one 😄

He did show in a few games that he can play better but still not good enough, he also seems to have 80% bad performance rate compared to his 20% good performance and i think i'm being nice with tht percentage.

😂😂😂😂

a better keeper would help fitzsimons to further improve, i do not feel game time does this for him alone. he needs someone to push him and remind him that he can be dropped. i feel collin got the best out of fitzsimons for this reason and after i feel he knew he would not be replaced.

Archived