Man of the Match: Notts County 1-1 Carlisle United

PON_News

Who was your Man of the Match for Notts County's League Two home game against Carlisle United?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match for Notts County's League Two home game against Carlisle United?

• Ross Fitzsimons
    • Keston Davies
    • Jamie Turley
    • Elliott Ward
    • Dan Jones
    • Will Patching
    • Elliott Hewitt
    • Rob Milsom
    • Nathan Thomas
    • Noor Husin
    • Kristian Dennis
    • Shaun Brisley
    • Andy Kellett

This poll is closed to new votes

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,284
  • Days Won:  80

Who was your Man of the Match for Notts County's League Two home game against Carlisle United?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Honourable mentions for Turley and Ward for dealing well with an endless stream of crosses from Carlisle, but for me Kristian Dennis just edges it.  It's the first game I've seen Dennis actually look like a footballer. Lots of movement, good touch and workrate, limited goal threat but did as much as could be expected stuck up front on his own.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Elliott Hewitt played well pushing forward, his positional work wasn't the best and his passing equally dire.

Ross Fitzsimons and Jamie Turley caught my eye, however Turley deserves it because he saved us several times and Elliott Ward was guilty of weak marking. A lot of Carlisle's changes one-on-one came from a lack of his ability but he did okay. Turley dealt with everything, he may have gotten caught out once or twice but compared to Keston Davies all the defenders marked quite well.

Fitzsimons made some very commanding saves, I just wished he'd release the ball quicker but sometimes this is the outfield players fault.

Jamie Turley deserves the Man of the Match for dealing with everything, being a calm influence and organising the defence. He was always giving friendly instructions and encouraging, Ward has the habit of having a tantrum at times but nothing like Richard Duffy.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

fitz for me, he played very well and seems steady now.

turley, dennis and hewitt played okay, rest looked poor.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I would have voted for Jamie Turley myself, he had a very good game and when he went down injured I was very worried. He's no nonsense with his defending and does all the basics very well.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I would say dennis

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Elliott Hewitt played well pushing forward, his positional work wasn't the best and his passing equally dire.
Ross Fitzsimons and Jamie Turley caught my eye, however Turley deserves it because he saved us several times and Elliott Ward was guilty of weak marking. A lot of Carlisle's changes one-on-one came from a lack of his ability but he did okay. Turley dealt with everything, he may have gotten caught out once or twice but compared to Keston Davies all the defenders marked quite well.
Fitzsimons made some very commanding saves, I just wished he'd release the ball quicker but sometimes this is the outfield players fault.
Jamie Turley deserves the Man of the Match for dealing with everything, being a calm influence and organising the defence. He was always giving friendly instructions and encouraging, Ward has the habit of having a tantrum at times but nothing like Richard Duffy.

Keepers releasing the ball always gets fans going. I think we have to realise that lots of managers don’t want a quick release. The crowd always used to get at Adam Collin but it was noticeable that Nolan on the bench was virtually never asking him to hurry up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

2 hours ago, ivansneck said:

Keepers releasing the ball always gets fans going. I think we have to realise that lots of managers don’t want a quick release. The crowd always used to get at Adam Collin but it was noticeable that Nolan on the bench was virtually never asking him to hurry up.

I know what your saying but sometimes it's the only logical decision, when we have the players who can break and we choose to allow everyone back into position it becomes a bit of a joke.

Ross Fitzsimons isn't that strong at throwing the ball.

It might be manager related but sometimes a player needs to think with his head, I don't expect it all the time but when the opposition has 9 men in your own both and you wait for them to get back, only for the ball to come back - well it's silly.

Archived