Bradford City V Notts County

PTID1862

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Ok, so this evenings 19.45 kick off sees the Magpies away at the massive Bradford City.

The league table suggests a home win is the most likely outcome, with Bradford currently occupying 6th spot and looking to pull away from the chasing pack. On the flip side Notts are languishing at the bottom of the pile 7 points off 20th spot.

Can Notts get anything from the game? well recent performances have vastly improved and it is going to happen somewhere, so why not?

Significant results I can remember between the two:

Play off Misery - losing out to the massive at the old Wembley Stadium.

That opening day 5 - 0 hammering.

I personally cannot see anything other than a miserable trip back down the M1 empty handed, but, just but, its a funny old game...

PTID's prediction: Bradford 3 Notts 1

I've been wrong plenty of times before.... COYP

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Yes, it's another hard match but this awful losing streak has got to end some time and why not tonight?

I read somewhere that Sam Alerdyce went about 17 games without a win before he turned things around, mind you by that time we had gone down.

My head says 2-0 to Bradford but my heart says we nick a win 1-0 with a penalty or a silly mistake by the goalkeeper or off someone's backside.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

You know yesterday I felt quite positive, so I reflected this elsewhere. I do feeling PTID is right with regards to the scoreline but today, I don't know I actually strongly believe we can sneak a win!

Importantly it's how well we play!

If we can hold them and defend our goal line, then there's no reason why we couldn't get something from the game but it depends if key players decide to step up or even show up at all. It will be interesting to see the return of Leacock, someone I don't feel should be starting based on his performances so far but apart from Smith, who could we stick there?

Come on Notts... Stand up!!

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i think we will be thrashed, i hope this is not the case but bradford have the boost from going up. most of our players just need to take more care with the ball and try harder, i dont see us getting anything tho.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Really hoping we can get something out of this game but I can't see where the goals will come from! We haven't had the rub of the green this season at all.

Oh how I hope we are right. I will give my apologies now, for not being in chat tonight, but I will be driving. M6 services will allow me to check twitter.

COYP

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Thank god for the offside decision.

Notts need to learn to play swift, careful football. We sound like we're doing ok, come on Notts get stuck in! 0-0...

• Content Count:  47
  • Days Won:  1

Evening all!

1-0 half time well played Notts. Please get something out of this game would be a MASSIVE boost! Long way to go yet. If we can come on and get a cheeky 2nd would be nice.

Supporter+

Great battling performance by the sound of it, shame we couldn't hold the lead but well done SD and Notts. More of the same please.

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

WE GOT A POINT! Watch out Wolves, we're coming for the title ;)

Knew this losing streak would end sooner or later, and it was always going to be a game like that - a gritty, battling performance where we came away with a point. Have to say, standing on the terraces at Weymouth my mates kept telling me the score but I wasn't getting excited, kept sayin we'll lose 4-1 lol.

Tonight's a good starting block, now we need to start to build a run. Wouldn't it be great to do what Accrington Stanley did? They had a shocking start, had something like 2 points from their first 11 games. But they stood by their rookie manager and now they're in play-off form, slowly creeping up the table.

We've another difficult game on Saturday and realistically I'd take a point there too, but the games after that - Colchester, Gillingham, Bristol City - they're the type of games we need to be winning.

Tonight's a start, now let's build on it. Well done Notts :)

Always happy to be wrong after predicting we will lose. Ok so I haven't watched any highlights yet, but do we have any grounds to be aggrieved over the red card for Haber? I thought there were one or two leading arms, elbows for Bradford also.

A great result, 1 point is more than the form, and the league table suggested we would get. There will be teams a lot higher than us go there and come away with nothing. But and I have to ask, is this a case of 1 point won, or 2 points lost? Going down to 10 men couldn't have helped our cause.

At least the run of defeats has come to an end, Onwards and Upwards. (and no I am not Ray Trew)

COYP

And in other news, the league table hasn't updated.

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Pleased with a point. Worried about lack of goals from the front men. If we are going to attempt the great escape we need to be finding a top goal scorer. Haven't seen Haber's sending off so I can't comment other than to say our disciplinary record is very poor. Let's turn performances into wins.

Supporter+

I've just seen the Magpieplayer video of the highlights from this game and what a fantastic cross it was from Haynes for the goal by Liddle.

This didn't come across whilst listening to Uncle Colin on the radio and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, so thought I would say well done Danny Haynes. :thumbsup:

Archived