Match Discussion: Game 31 - The Stones (A)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

We beat them 3-0 at home in November. That was one of our best performances this season. 2-0 up inside 20 minutes. Wealdstone are 19th in the table. They consider an average of 2 goals per game.  They beat King's Lynn 3-1 at home in their last game. They lost to Torquay at home and drew with Sutton. They have had 3 7 goal thrillers at home so no one can describe them as boring. This is a game Notts should be winning but we are on a poor run of form. I think it will be a nail biter but Notts to prevail. 3-2 to Notts is my prediction. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

The players had an hour or so discussing things amongst themselves and NA sounded like he’s going to change things up as well. I still think we’ve got good players but we are just too predictable to play at the moment. Hopefully we can see a positive change this weekend.

No idea about the team, surely a few changes though and if we don’t see a different formation than I’m sure we’ll get a slightly different style. And no news on Roberts either, so I’m assuming he’s still not quite 100% - hopefully a case of sooner rather than later because a second half of a season with him back will be massive.

A win is obviously important but a good performance is probably just as important considering the last good one was weeks ago…

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I hope we can be a bit more aggressive tomorrow and surprise the opposition a bit - breaking up the Doyle/Reeves double act and playing further up the pitch will do us a world of good. But more than anything else the players need to clear their heads and dig themselves out of the hole they're in. Get an early goal and hope the confidence grows. Hope we can do it.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

its got to be productive on the pitch, the performances as of late dont really concern me that much. i think the whole reaction has been some sort of semi melt down for no reason. i just hope to see a good performance and a reaction from the players.

they have what it takes to win and need to give a lot more energy going into the games.

• Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

I watched Ardley's press conference and he was saying things about knowing he needs to change something. I thought that despite what I'd said after Tuesday's game, I'd actually tune in and watch.

Then I saw the line-up. Doyle-O'Brien in the middle and Effiong up top. Dear god. If that's Ardley's idea of mixing it up, I really do despair. I won't be watching. 

• Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

I didn’t watch it, and I’m not proclaiming everything is great again but it sounded better and hopefully that's the first step to getting back on form.

Positives: We dominated the game, defensively very solid and we tried to get the ball forward quicker. Charlie Slater mentioned that Wealdstone had scored in 92% off their home games – so to get a clean sheet again is impressive.

Negatives: The final ball/cross was usually poor and we struggled to really carve them open.

Pleased with the result a big 3 points and a much-needed confidence boost for everyone. Boreham Wood on Tuesday will be interesting now, they’re not in the greatest form either… 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  368
  • Days Won:  1

Am i the only 1 that noticed that Doyle played as a proper midfielder yesterday.... He crossed the halfway line a lot and made the goal for Ellis with a great chipped forward pass....... Let's hope it continues.... 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Like a couple of others, I also needed a bit of a break after seeing Tuesday's shambles. I tuned in on the radio for the frustrating first half, and then I switched it off - not because I was bored, but because we always seem to do better when I'm not watching or listening. And sure enough, we won :D

One win doesn't make everything fabulous again, but it can build confidence and be a base to build on. Part of our problem is that we're so reluctant to throw people forward and take risks, and that's twice as difficult when confidence is low. If we get a couple of good results, it'll be easier to make our play a bit more fluid. Hopefully this is something we can build on, rather than a flash in the pan.

Archived