Jake Reeves current form

Joshua

I don't think Jake Reeves is a bad player at all, I think his recent performances comes down to needing a rest.

He's been one of the better signings this season IMO, but he carries a lot of responsibility and I do feel hes one of the current players who plays with the right attitude. He wants to attack and use it in a way which can bring chances but as of late I have noticed he's been struggling.

If the performances aren't down to needing a break, but concern about his future or Neal Ardley [pre-sacking], I would've thought he'd return to his former self.

Due to the centre of midfield being quite bare, it's hard to give him rest because he's an important part of the team. 

hes a good player, too good for the national league but i honestly think when a team is in poor form you expect one or two players to go like this, i am sure he will be back to his best soon enough.

once he scores a worldie it will be forgotten that hes supposedly a crap player.

It was interesting hearing Ian Burchnall talk a little bit about Reeves in this week’s Hartlepool preview. The idea that he was charging around all over the pitch and always trying to do too much, too many times he takes too many touches and this then gets him into trouble.

I agree that calming his game down a bit will help him. He’s a good player and IB clearly rates him to make him his vice-captain. He’s got a good passing range when he's focused, he played some dangerous balls over the top, I think a couple contributed to the goals.

A big problem has been how too often he’s mirrored Doyle. Both like getting the ball off the CB’s – so too often they both drop deep which then leads to those sideways passes between the two! I think if Doyle comes back Reeves needs to be told to play higher. Recently he’s looked more like the player at the start of the season, hopefully he can have a strong end to the season.

Archived