Coventry City petition

I missed this post Ivan and have also put a link on the match thread.  Doesn't hurt to have it on twice though.  I've been following what's been happening with Cov and it's truly staggering.  The plan, as it stands, will mean they never play in Cov again as Cov City council will not give them the planning permission.  The hedge fund that owns them intends to build a new ground in Worcester (I think).  It's craziness when they already have a perfectly good ground in the Ricoh.

I feel quite strongly that it's something we all need to support, it could happen to any club and the FA and FL will do nothing about it. 

Please sign it.

I missed this post Ivan and have also put a link on the match thread.  Doesn't hurt to have it on twice though.  I've been following what's been happening with Cov and it's truly staggering.  The plan, as it stands, will mean they never play in Cov again as Cov City council will not give them the planning permission.  The hedge fund that owns them intends to build a new ground in Worcester (I think).  It's craziness when they already have a perfectly good ground in the Ricoh.

I feel quite strongly that it's something we all need to support, it could happen to any club and the FA and FL will do nothing about it. 

Please sign it.

The more postings the better.

I have to be careful here, as I have a relative on the Council at Coventry. However, to add a few points to the above. The Council object only to SISU, planning permission is not needed in reality and a new club (AFC Coventry?) or the current club with new owners would be welcomed back to the Ricoh free or at a peppercorn rent. Sisu have tried to defraud the council tax payers of Coventry and some charities, and the council would be open to court action from its residents if it just gave way. The fans, in general, understand that their issue is with the owners and not the city council. All these idiotic suggestion for new grounds are just attempts to blackmail the council into giving way.

Of course the FA and the FL could defend the fans, the club, the council tax payers of Coventry, local Coventry charities or a tax haven based hedge fund. Now let me think... 

Who should they support legally and morally?

Who do they support...

I think you all know the answer.

Saw this picture on a Cov forum (so not 100% who took it), but this was a picture of the protest on the 35th minute

Bf9mUmvIYAAJLNm.jpg

we could never do something like this, i wondered what was going on. very impressive but did they need to litter the pitch?

An update. It appears that the FA do not support the FL's view that SISU are in the right. Negotiations are under way for the Ricoh to be used for England U-21 matches to get some cash flowing to reduce the chances of the Council selling the stadium for non-sporting use (if they were offered more than the market price they would really have very little alternative as there is no sitting tenant).

Archived