Luther Munakandafa

Fozzy

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  36

Been recalled from Boston and sent straight back out to Gainsborough Trinity. Seems a good move to me as they have pushed him to play a higher level than Basford but he hasn't been able to get into the starting XI. Probably a season too soon for him to play at that level.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

basford are a decent team but if hes been sent somewhere higher up that will play him it can only be a good thing. i hope to see him make his notts league debut at some point, he looked good in the pre season.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He did look a very good youngster when he played pre-season, nice skill and plenty of pace. It's good the clubs found a club higher up to take him in, I just hope they play him as often as Basford would.

As @liampie, Basford United are a very good club and somewhere most youngsters can settle in well.

• Like 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

It's not ideal for clubs to recall players from loan deals just to send them out on loan again. It can hinder a player's ability to settle and get comfortable in a team. The only time I would agree with this approach is if the loan club isn't giving the player enough playing time, as it would make sense to find a better situation for them. However, if a player is performing well and finding form, it seems counterproductive to pull them back, only to send them to another team. Of course, every situation is unique, and it's difficult to predict how it will turn out for the player. Ultimately, you have to hope that the player benefits from the decision.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  36

@Chris and @liampie, Basford and Gainsborough are playing at the same level, just different leagues. Boston are in the National League North, so one level higher. I'm unaware of the playing styles of all three clubs though, and it might be that Boston's style wasn't playing to Luther's strengths.

Side note: Neil Bishop is the manager of Gainsborough Trinity and they have the old Brentford striker Clayton Donaldson (now 39 years old) playing in their first XI.

• Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Thanks for sharing @Fozzy.

Haha... I saw Basford, instead of Boston. Liam's post reinforced that, look at us @liampie. 🤡😂

I suppose it makes a bit more sense, does anyone know how he was doing at Boston?

I have nightmares about coming back from Skegness, hearing some Boston fans bad-mouthing non-league football and getting into an argument with fans of the team they played that night. I think they were Hereford fans. Both groups are being threatening towards each other, moaning about whose team was the worst. Acting all hard but having the intimidation skills of a butterfly. If he had those types of fans to deal with, god help the poor lad.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  6

I get the feeling Boston want experience to get them out of relegation trouble. I notice Brooks only played when their keeper was out. When he became available again, Brooks was out. I think Munakandafa has had a few appearances off the bench but that doesn't help us and a relegation battle probably doesn't help him.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

5 hours ago, Simon Clark said:

I think Munakandafa has had a few appearances off the bench but that doesn't help us and a relegation battle probably doesn't help him.

I believe that coming on as a substitute may not provide much experience for a player who needs to develop their skills. While relegation can offer valuable lessons, being part of the starting 11 is necessary to truly benefit from it. Considering the player's lack of playing time, it is understandable that the club has withdrawn him in order for him to gain more experience.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

He appears to be a promising prospect, but he requires a significant amount of additional experience. To enhance his development, Notts ought to endeavour to secure a position for him with a team that operates at a higher level next season. My main concern is that we often loan out players to teams that are below our standard, which makes it hard for them to gain the necessary experience. It's unrealistic to expect a player to be capable of meeting the requirements of our first team after being sent out on loan. I don't intend to sound pessimistic; rather, I believe that we need to establish a superior pathway into the first team.