Lopata to Barnsley

Piethagoram

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  735
  • Days Won:  3

I can’t say I remember him, but a lot of clubs are looking at the Non-League as a means to pick up cheap signings that might otherwise cost them more money. I forget where I read it, but someone was saying that it was an untapped market. It was Leigh Curtis on his Derby web chat. Very untapped, when every club and their fans look to the league for options.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  36

Probably the worst kept secret of the last few months is finally out, I must admit though that a 4 year contract has surprised me. Didn’t look anything special when he played against  us this season.

• Like 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

@Fozzy they will be thinking its long enough to sell him if he does come good, i am guessing they think he could get called up to polands main national team and 4 years gives them time to see if he becomes good enough for them and they want to make him a regular starter or sell him on for a nice fee.

• Like 4

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

Lopata to Barnsley is a surprise but I think it’s a good chance for him to make a bigger name for himself. Woking will be able to find someone to take his place.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I am surprised because he looked nothing more than average when he played against Notts, but there are far more qualified people out there to assess players than me and most likely Barnsley have watched him multiple times. Best wishes to him.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I didn't rate him either, but sometimes we have to take into consideration how good Notts were when we played them. I think he should do alright with them, I can easily see him adapting and possibly making a move overseas in the future. Polish players tend to be snapped up as affordable buys by teams in europe.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  133
  • Days Won:  0

Lopata is a promising prospect and has performed well. I think the move will work out after some time, but it may not be a smooth start.