Ian Burchnall coaching course....

Piethagoram

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I remember seeing it in the past, at least whilst he was at our club.

I think he's still doing them, as I noticed Ian Burchnall had joined Skillshare.com - there are quite a few lessons, but I will list the ones which sounded the most interesting to me.

These are straight up from Skillshare, I swear!

1. “How to Appear Wide-Eyed in Public: A Guide to Looking Alert and Attentive” - In this course, you’ll learn techniques for keeping your eyes open and focused, even when you’re feeling tired or distracted. We’ll cover exercises for strengthening your eye muscles, tips for staying hydrated and well-rested, and strategies for maintaining an alert and attentive demeanour in public.

2. “The Blame Game: How to Navigate Criticism from Fans and the Media” - As a public figure in the world of sports, criticism from fans and the media is inevitable. In this course, we’ll explore how to handle negative feedback in a constructive way, without letting it get you down. We’ll discuss techniques for staying calm under pressure, responding to criticism with grace and professionalism, and maintaining a positive attitude even when things get tough.

3. “Surviving the Relegation Zone: How to Keep Your Job When Your Club is Struggling” - Being part of a club that’s facing relegation can be tough, but it doesn’t have to mean the end of your career. In this course, we’ll explore strategies for staying positive, working hard, and demonstrating your value to the club, even when things aren’t going well. We’ll also discuss how to handle difficult conversations with management and how to stay focused on your goals.

4. “Staying Strong in the Face of Adversity: How to Handle Abuse and Criticism” - Accepting a position where you may be out of your depth can be challenging, and it can sometimes lead to abuse and criticism from others. In this course, we’ll explore strategies for staying strong and resilient in the face of adversity. We’ll discuss techniques for managing stress, building a support network, and maintaining a positive outlook, even when things get tough.

5. “From Manager to Elite Club Coach: How to Make the Transition Despite a Baffling CV” - Making the transition from manager to coach at an elite club can be challenging, especially if your football CV doesn’t seem to qualify you for the role. In this course, we’ll explore strategies for overcoming these obstacles and securing a coaching position at an elite club. We’ll discuss how to highlight your strengths and achievements, build a strong network of contacts, and demonstrate your passion and commitment to the game.

@cheeky~k8 can vouch for me, as I have been taking the first mention course and there are times when I am able to nail it. I am still learning, I don't really feel like the blame game, staying strong in the face of adversity are all that appealing to me. I would rather own my mistakes and move on.

• Haha 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

i think even the club promoted the courses, i seem to remember a video where hes interviewed and talks about the courses.

if he did not get the assistant job at anderlecht he could have resorted to this again.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  570
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

There were indeed videos and footage shared of the training sessions. This was an activity he was engaged in prior to assuming the Notts role, and I'm uncertain if he still maintains this practice. It's fair to say that he didn't significantly alter Notts' style of play, apart from instilling a more attack-minded approach.

• Like 2