Theme improvements

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,279
  • Days Won:  80

There have been significant improvements to the PON themes.

All three options have been updated and enhanced further to ease the navigation of our website. PON provides members and visitors with three theme options.

On desktops, the navigation has been changed to include 'content feeds'.

This change has been made to reflect on helping people to navigate the sites more. It also includes the option to create a steam of your own custom preference. Content Feeds > My Activity Streams > "Create New Stream". There's also Unread, content I started, Content I follow, members I follow and content I posted in.

Our navigation menu may be tweaked further to improve the navigation layout.

In addition to our floating menu at the bottom of our pages, the main navigation also flows down across all three theme versions to give you even better control. With the 'all activities' tab now appearing at the very top of the mobile navigation, it means the dashboard page comes into the footer menu for easy convenience. Whilst this might not be the most exciting news, it is a practical step forward and one which should make life easier when trying to navigate the Pride of Nottingham.

As always, please report any issues that you may experience here.

In addition to our reading up about the site's recent maintenance.

Thank you,

Pride of Nottingham team.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

very nice sensible changes, which will hopefully make it easier for people.

i have no issue but having a tab for all the different feeds does sound like a very useful thing to do. i never knew there was so many or the option to create my own!

• Like 6

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

29 minutes ago, liampie said:

very nice sensible changes, which will hopefully make it easier for people.

I have no issue but having a tab for all the different feeds does sound like a very useful thing to do. i never knew there was so many or the option to create my own!

It's something I have mentioned but the inbuilt menu, well it looked horrible if you included the streams. You needed to press the tab! 😂

Absolutely! It made sense to make the changes.

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It’s a great idea to make PoN easy to navigate, especially for newcomers who might not be familiar with forums.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  94
  • Days Won:  0

It’s indeed beneficial to be aware of the menu and activity streams. I’ll certainly utilise them during my site visits. The ‘all content’ activity stream is a particularly nice feature.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

It’s great that the changes have enhanced the menu, providing more functionality for site navigation. The introduction of mobile navigation was a positive step, and it seems to have been adopted elsewhere. The top navigation remaining on screen is a pleasant feature, as is the modification to the community section.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

The changes are nice, very attractive and useful. I’m a fan of the mobile themes; they’re the best for navigating such a site. I’ve noticed that all EFL sites now have bottom navigation, which seems to be a trend, but PON’s is by far the best implemented.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

It’s all top-notch work, and while it might fly under the radar for some, I reckon the changes are spot on. They really make a difference, particularly on mobiles. The smoother the navigation, the better our experience as users. Good job!

• Love 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I am sorry, since returning from my family break I haven't had much free time.

The last two days, I have worked relentlessly towards further optimisation of the site. Including further theme work, I have managed to make good progress, but this sort of thing is very time-consuming for me. The plus point is that good progress has been made, with the hope of further improvements from working with developers. In the grand scheme of things, this is vital because the better increases the smoother things will be Keep pushing forward.

Satisfied guests transform into excellent members. :) 

• Like 2