Match Discussion: Crawley Town

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Notts take on Crawley Town in the first round of the FA Cup this afternoon. Did you go? What did you think of the performance, line up, tactics etc.

Let us know your thoughts.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

A bit of a test for LW due to  injuries.I still think Notts will be ok today.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

Was that LW first win in a cup?! We got knocked out of the FA cup last season by Coalville, seem to remember losing very early in the trophy too. This season we’ve lost all prior cup games so it’s great to finally get a win!

It was entertaining to listen to, definitely weren’t at our best but our ability to outscore the opposition got us through! And we scored from a short corner!

I’d say it was good to give some fringe players a run out but right now that team is pretty much all we’ve got! The injury situation is really frustrating, no idea what’s happened to the likes of Morias and Randall, feels like they’re permanently injured. We couldn’t even fill the bench today and two of the five were academy players. Getting to January feels like it could be a mammoth struggle, we really need to avoid any more injuries, surely we’ve suffered enough now.

Looking forward to the draw tomorrow, 2:30pm if anyone wants to watch it live. I’d like a home draw that gives us a chance of getting to the third round or failing that a game against a top L1 team (just for the potential of it being televised for that extra money).

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

An exciting end to end typical cup game, Crawley play very similar to us, playing the ball out from the back. Both teams were willing to attack it was a very open game, if I was a Crawley fan I’d feel a little aggrieved they didn’t get at least a draw. However Notts took their chances with some very good goals.

My man of the match was McGoldrick who I thought was superb having a hand in two goals and scoring a superb goal himself.

On to round two Alfreton at home would be nice, what do you think @super_ram?

• Love 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

1 hour ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

An exciting end to end typical cup game, Crawley play very similar to us, playing the ball out from the back. Both teams were willing to attack it was a very open game, if I was a Crawley fan I’d feel a little aggrieved they didn’t get at least a draw. However Notts took their chances with some very good goals.

My man of the match was McGoldrick who I thought was superb having a hand in two goals and scoring a superb goal himself.

On to round two Alfreton at home would be nice, what do you think @super_ram?

I predicted their score correctly today @Fan of Big Tone.I think Notts would be favourites to win whether home or away.

.I'm pleased David McG. is doing well for Notts too.

• Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,770
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

First round proper winners £41,000 gained

Defensively at sea again, Baldwin losing the ball on the half way line, leads to their first

Very disappointed with Stone's kicking accuracy

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,990
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I am pleased Notts secured the victory, I love the FA Cup and all it's tradition.

In the National League my preference was just focusing on the league, but now a Football League club I feel it's far more important we take it serious. We have the squad to continue to do well and secure an automatic position. Even, if the worst happens, we won't be relegated and I think the playoffs is the lowest we can end up. I don't know how we played exactly against Crawley Town, I didn't go to the game but I have read many comments.

Most seem to be delighted and eavger to see us continue as we are.

• Like 1