Grimsby Town appoint Artell

Piethagoram

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't rate him as a coach; I think he will soon be looking for a new job. I mean, I do wish him well, even though I have a strong dislike towards Grimsby Town due to their fans being highly annoying.

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It's quite an intriguing appointment, he's not someone I'd want at Notts. The reaction from Grimsby fans seems to be quite varied, and it's rather amusing to read through one of their forums. I managed to get to page 5, then skipped to the end. There's a fair bit of filler and most of the comments could have been written by a school child.

Here's a link https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1701081981/s-0/

It's a bit fishy over there, but it's worth a read, preferably with some popcorn.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
10 hours ago, TheSkipper said:

It's quite an intriguing appointment, he's not someone I'd want at Notts. The reaction from Grimsby fans seems to be quite varied, and it's rather amusing to read through one of their forums. I managed to get to page 5, then skipped to the end. There's a fair bit of filler and most of the comments could have been written by a school child.

Here's a link https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1701081981/s-0/

It's a bit fishy over there, but it's worth a read, preferably with some popcorn.

Blimey that forum is absolutely packed with annoying adverts it certainly makes me appreciate PoN and the work @Chris and others do with this site. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

I’m not familiar with him, but I’ve heard from some Grimsby fans who are worried that their club is regressing. I’m grateful that we’re under the stewardship of good people who are committed to our progress.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

it seems to me like they are wanting to save their budget for players by hiring a manager that could just steady their ship, but it seems a risky appointment. its not one you would be excited about for sure.

5 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Blimey that forum is absolutely packed with annoying adverts it certainly makes me appreciate PoN and the work @Chris and others do with this site. 

i always wonder why people seem attracted to sites like this in comparison to pon which is so straight forward and clean. they probably have to use ads to pay for their hosting but its a poor user experience. still they seem to have plenty of members somehow.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
16 minutes ago, liampie said:

they probably have to use ads to pay for their hosting but its a poor user experience.

I don’t have a problem with adverts being used to pay for hosting I understand that but it could be a lot more discreet and as you say it gives a poor user experience.

• Like 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

From my perspective, the weaker the appointment, the more likely their fans will put pressure on them, and the less likely they are to perform well against us. Generally, I don’t pay much attention to opposition managers.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

6 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I have an ad blocker for certain sites; it's a must when reading the news, for example. They simply become unbearable. PON has always been aimed to be clean and not distracting in any way. I once had to use ads from Media.net, and I stuck with them for a while but jeez they are ugly.

They can be useful, but tend to be a slow barrier of fruit for fan sites of smaller clubs, which to me makes them quite pointless.

1 hour ago, liampie said:

i always wonder why people seem attracted to sites like this in comparison to pon which is so straight forward and clean. they probably have to use ads to pay for their hosting but its a poor user experience. still they seem to have plenty of members somehow.

There are countless reasons, but for me, the focus is solely on the present moment. I don't compare PON to other forums or fan sites; I think it would be quite distracting. The way things can go for us, more will get involved. It's a case of progression and community.

45 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I don’t have a problem with adverts being used to pay for hosting I understand that but it could be a lot more discreet and as you say it gives a poor user experience.

The more distracting ones are the ones that pay a little more. Like on news sites, they cover the content and some play videos. It's not worth what you get in return to lose a visitor, but I wished I understood why fans would ignore them in this case as they are too much.

• Like 1