Player Assaults Fan

weymouthPIE

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Goole FC have told player Karl Colley he will never play for them again after he assaulted a supporter during today's game, exacly 19 years after Eric Cantona's famous kung-fu kick at Selhurst Park.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/10597543/Goole-FC-player-does-a-Cantona-on-a-visiting-supporter-exactly-19-years-after-the-Frenchmans-king-fu-kick.html

You do wonder what was said to provoke such a reaction, but you can't do that and he should know a lot better.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I would say he needs to focus on being professional but he isn't. Nothing makes this acceptable, he needs banning from football and if the fan did something, him from going to games no matter what the league.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Me thinks his limited career is at an end. Good job he didn't argue with Woodhouse. He went into Boxing didn't he?

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Stupid player,stupid fan!They both need banning.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

I want to know why there was such a poor effort to stop him and why does it take other spectators to step in?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

thats just crazy! i wonder if he fancies doing this to some teams like milwall, wolves, chelsea etc

hope he gets banned!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

The fans were no better!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  1

the fans were throwing abuse at him as he walked off this chav looking t**t started calling him a fat b***tard and calling him different names then the same fan started saying he would knock someone else out from video footage i dont agree what the player did but if i was in his shoes i think i would of gone and thumped the stupid chav t**t.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Browsing on the internet, there's this view that the football fan is a sacrosanct entity, and people are giving Karl Colley stick for "assaulting a fan" like he assaulted a woman or child. Well, this poor little football fan was being such a big man, and though I don't condone a player running into the stands to thump him, he clearly snapped because of this fan's verbal abuse. No sympathy whatsoever for the badman in the stands.

When I'm at the Lane I sometimes chuck in some weird, tame heckle like "nice haircut, my dad's got the same" to which the player would probably think "eh?" or "you cheeky b*****d", I'm not going to be screaming "oi you f**king a******e c**t!!!" like some pseudo-badman. And if I heard anyone constantly shouting that at a player, I'd be half-tempted to t**t him myself!

Archived